Conflict in Sudan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone seeing effects of the current (escalation of) conflict in Sudan on liveabords in the Red Sea? Cancellations? Increased Egyptian Navy activity?

Haven't heard of anything, it shouldn't affect things too much for most liveaboards as most wouldn't venture any further south than Berenice which is still 150 miles north of the Sudan border. I would imagine that the navy vessels based at Berenice might have sailed south, and maybe some from Safaga too. I don't think that would be too concerned about the Sudanese navy as it basically consists of various coastal patrol boats which don't have the range (or armament) to bother Egypt.

The boats affect would be the Royal Evolution, which is still scheduled for 2 trips to Sudan, Don Questo and Andromeda have not updated their pages but it seems that FlyDubai is not servicing Port Sudan at the moment, so no way to get there. Egypt should be fine unless you travel to the border on land.

I can't speak to that. I know someone via FB who is stuck in Khartoum. He and the people with him are simply trying to not get killed.
I think it would be prudent for liveaboards to stay far away from Sudan.

I can't speak to that. I know someone via FB who is stuck in Khartoum. He and the people with him are simply trying to not get killed.
I think it would be prudent for liveaboards to stay far away from Sudan.
I hope he gets out safely soon! Any plans to dock in Sudan would need to be cancelled.

One of my colleagues just got killed in Sudan. He was stabbed in front of his own house. I can't imagine how bad things are there right now.

One of my colleagues just got killed in Sudan. He was stabbed in front of his own house. I can't imagine how bad things are there right now.
Sorry to hear that:( Unfortunately stable periods in Sudan's history have always ended very badly. I would imagine that the Egypt/Sudan border has been heavily reinforced at the moment by the Egyptian army.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom