Confused Aqualung Legend LX..flight knob

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ladyvalea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ok, I've been diving with my Legend Lx this past summer, and the owners manual said for storage to rotate the knob away from the mouth piece? So the spring?? pressure rings or something are not under a lot of stress during storage?
But the other week I went on a Polar Bear dive and took the Legend out of the bag.
I forgot to adjust the turn knob , back to the orginal postion? "which I never messed with out of the box.....so I'm not sure what postion it should be in?
Cracking pressure?? is this the term? While underwater, I turned the knob back and forth slowly to find the correct breathing , but I could not notice anything?
Maybe cuz I was to cold 48 degrees with a 5mm, teeth chatttering and only about 30 feet deep...

Now I'm not talkin about the switch thingy the predive + or -

How do I set the turning knob adjustment? What should it feel like? what happen if its to loose? super easy breathing? freeflow? HUH?:confused:

How do I set the turning knob adjustment? What should it feel like? what happen if its to loose? super easy breathing? freeflow? HUH?:confused:

Screw it all the way in & you require more inhalation effort to start the flow of air.

Screw it all the way out & you require less effort to start the flow of air.

As to whether it free flows, becomes very easy to breath in comparison to all the way in or no discernible difference at all will depend on how it is tuned by the tech. I like mine to be tuned so that when at it's most sensitive (all the way out) it is just short of a free flow. I dive with it screwed not quite all the way out for most dives. If I'm deep &/or moving into a strong current it may tend to free flow to some degree, at which point I detune it a little by screwing it in until the free flow stops. Others may (almost definitely will) do things differently.

Righty tighty, Lefty loosey. What I always do is turn it left/counterclockwise/away from the mouthpiece completely, then I adjust it back the other way until it stops free flowing. This provides the easiest, lowest effort of breathing, which is where you want it. The Legend is a great reg that should breathe very easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom