connect power inflator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AO1JAMES

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im new to diving and just bought my gear. I bought a Zeagle Stilletto andwant to connect my Aquatec Air 3 to it. On the BCD the fitting for the power inflator is like a femail garden hose. And the aquatec air 3 is no. How do you replace power inflator on this BCD? Do I just cut the zip tie and pull off the fitting. Also do I have to use like a silicone lube when installing the new one or anything special?

Assuming you're talking about the corrugated BC hose, yes cut off zip tie pull off inflator unit and fit your air 3. I'd use two zip ties closing at opposite sides. Two is often better than one, redundancy and all that.

Is it this one?

reg126.jpg

The Stiletto has the BX inflator and when you remove the coupling, all you'll have is the corrugated hose end with a wire loop inside it to activate the inflator pull dump on the shoulder. Looks like this - the black fitting at the top right being the one attached to the bladder.

111-9000L-RE-&-hose(1).jpg

If you still want that to work, you may have to figure if it needs to be shortened/lengthened to work properly.

Although the flex in the hose might be sufficient once you figure out how to fasten it inside the Aquatec somehow. Zeagle drills a small hole in their inflator fitting end and there's a pin inserted that captures the wire loop. When you re-install the corrugated hose, it captures it.

No lube, just cable ties.

Here's how it will look assembled:

Aquatec-Air-3.jpg

They get $55.62 for the BX Inflator new if you want to sell it.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom