Connecticut Shore Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm...didn't even know about this wreck.

If anyone is interested in a weekend shore dive in or around the CT area send me a PM. Im willing to go any weekend I can. I only dive wet though. No drysuit...

Anyone looking to go out Thursday, Friday after lunch or possibly Saturday any time. I'm in RI This Thursday i am meeting a guy i have dove with a couple times, so if you need a dive bud we are going for a shore dive after he gets out of work which will be later afternoon. Either PM me or timmyj0331@yahoo.com

Looking to do a shore dive this sat at Stonington point. Anyone ever been there and can give me some good dive info about the spot. Where to park, where to enter the water and dive? what tides have your been there in, and any other info you may have. If anyone is interested in joining for the dive that would be great. There should be myself and 1 other person.

Looking to do a shore dive this sat at Stonington point. Anyone ever been there and can give me some good dive info about the spot. Where to park, where to enter the water and dive? what tides have your been there in, and any other info you may have. If anyone is interested in joining for the dive that would be great. There should be myself and 1 other person.

I was up there to check it out with a club this spring. It was aweful. Vis was low (no surprise in LIS). Water was way shallow less than 15'. Stonington used to be considered a good shore dive about 20 years ago, but storms have filled it in or so I was told by a local. I understand that if you travel off to the right of the beach there are vintage bottles to be found. I didn't bother to check this out though. Other places in that area is the boat ramp in waterford (some what better across from the power plant). UConn Avery point (Groton) is supposed to be okay also, but I haven't been there either. If you are willing to drive farther, the best bet would be Narragansett RI, Jamestown RI. There are many good places to hit there. I look forward to hearing back from what the dive was like. I might have totally missed the something at Stonington Pt. so let me know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom