Considering Moving to Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all...Just wanted to say this Great Lakes Diver is now in the North East and i am itching to dive. If anyone needs a buddy please let me know. I am really looking foward to learning the new area.

All the best with your relocation. Probably worth mentioning that a drive to Rimouski, Quebec to experience the Empress of Ireland should be on your agenda at some point. Still a heck of a drive from Maine but worth the effort.

The Empress is high on my list and i am hoping to fit it in this fall. I moved to Brunswick ME. I havent been in the water yet only been here for 3 weeks or so. I was supposed to dive with North Atlantic Diver Expeditions on saturday but we got blown out. Dont know any divers yet so if any one wants to dive feel free to shoot me a PM im game for anything.

I'll be doing Nubble on Sunday - conditions permitting - if you want to get your feet wet and don't mind some shallow diving [ 40' max.] For me it's a one hour drive - a little more for you. You will find a lot of divers on this board in the southern part of the state and NH/Ma that will be willing to show you what's in the area. Not sure what's up your way though.

I'll be doing Nubble on Sunday - conditions permitting - if you want to get your feet wet and don't mind some shallow diving [ 40' max.] For me it's a one hour drive - a little more for you. You will find a lot of divers on this board in the southern part of the state and NH/Ma that will be willing to show you what's in the area. Not sure what's up your way though.

40' max?

Dont know any divers yet so if any one wants to dive feel free to shoot me a PM im game for anything.

Come to the Maine-iac Divers meeting this Thursday. Arrive early for the "happy hour" and start networking!

Pete

My self-imposed limit for winter diving. I do not consider myself to be an experienced diver yet. I don't want to deal with a free-flow any deeper than 40'. I know you can easily get 80' at Nubble at high tide but it's not for me this time of year. If he wants to go with me and he wants to go deeper he's on his own is all that I was getting at.

Last edited:
My self-imposed limit for winter diving. I do not consider myself to be an experienced diver yet. I don't want to deal with a free-flow any deeper than 40'. I know you can easily get 80' at Nubble at high tide but it's not for me this time of year. If he wants to go with me and he wants to go deeper he's on his own is all that I was getting at.

Nothing wrong with that!

Pete

Jealous.. I spent a lot of time up in Bath for GD-BIW, one of my former Clients.. You're not far from some of the best diving in Bar Harbor / Acadia National Park. You have got to hook up with Diver Ed. http://divered.com/ He's a Scallop diver and in summer, runs a cool little operation for kids. (Diver Ed's dive in theater) He also runs charters.

Yes, Eddie aka Diver Ed is the hookup for the Bar Harbor region. You can also find our dive club at http://www.underwatersuperhero.com . In the shoulder seasons Eddie normally does a weekly dive charter out of Bar Harbor. Those charters will be starting up soon after the scallop season ends in March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom