considering s100 or s95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Words of wisdom from Ozziworld!

Before choosing a housing for your camera or rather camera/housing combo, you should look at the lenses you would like to use then work backwards from there.

There is no point in considering a housing that will ultimately not play well with the lens/lenses you want to use.

The choice of lenses will narrow down the choice of housings.

The wrong choice of housing will narrow down your choice of lenses.

The amount of pre-planning can be daunting because to add to Ozzieworld's words of wisdom: Before choosing a camera look at the housings available and the lenses available for that housing that suit the camera within the housing

a lot of knowledge in here.
I read some post at least twice but being a new guy for UW photo it get confusing.

Dont remember in what original thread I saw this but is the Updated review for S100 and fix housing
UPDATED REVIEW: FISHEYE FIX S100 AND CANON POWERSHOT S100 | Deepshots

I dont plan on getting a lot of lenses I would like to capture macro and wide pictures.

what would be the best compromise
fisheye and macro lenses.
wide angle and macro lenses
wide angle and fisheye lenses
or just one lens and use camera housing for close up macro.
Thanks!

That depends on which pictures you are planning to take

A diopter can follow later as it is only needed for super macro

Flat wide angle are for large fish and divers, for wrecks you need a fisheye

Generally with a fisheye and a diopter you cover the whole range of possible pictures
a lot of knowledge in here.
I read some post at least twice but being a new guy for UW photo it get confusing.

Dont remember in what original thread I saw this but is the Updated review for S100 and fix housing

I dont plan on getting a lot of lenses I would like to capture macro and wide pictures.

what would be the best compromise
fisheye and macro lenses.
wide angle and macro lenses
wide angle and fisheye lenses
or just one lens and use camera housing for close up macro.
Thanks!

I got a fisheye (Inon UFL165AD) because I wanted to take CFWA shots and was disappointed with the wide angle lens I had on my earlier setup, (an A640 in an Ikelite housing with an Epoque lens) because of the really soft edges. Can someone tell me when a WA lens can do something a fisheye cannot?

ok after reading some more on housing Im set for recsea. the housing seem to mimic the camera naturally, with the dial on front and back.

now to look for compatible lenses. I know you guys mention to do it lenses 1st then camera. But I feel I should be ok even if I limit myself since I wont be selling my work or anything like that.

Does the recsea come with the quick remove adapters or that something that comes with the lens.

Would the lenses on the review also fit the recsea or I should start looking again for lenses

If they do it seem that the FIX UWL-04 M52/67 gives the best result
if not I guess this should do the trick Dyron 16mm fisheye lens for Recsea 95, FIX S90 or Recsea S100 | Bluewater Photo & Video

right now I would only get a fisheye and later down the road I get another lens.

Back
Top Bottom