Considering used DR HID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kray_Z

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if you guys would mind lending me your opinions on this used light i was thinking about buying... its a 10W HID, 6d(bulb i think) 4yrs old, Goodman handle up for 200 in the pics.. its the one with the goodman next to it.... the goodman connector that holds it on to the head is broken but the part is 8 bucks... so im not too worried about it. so what do you think?

thanks!

Attachments

• 1.GIF
    1.GIF
    117.7 KB · Views: 65
  • 2.GIF
    2.GIF
    118.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.GIF
    3.GIF
    117.6 KB · Views: 41
I'm real happy with my DR 10 watt - about five yrs old; been back for one tweak at DR, for which they charged me zero :D
Rick

Factor in the price of a new battery. Unless the owner is willing to give you a current burn test sheet, chances are good, that one will need to be replaced.

Rick Murchison:
I'm real happy with my DR 10 watt - about five yrs old; been back for one tweak at DR, for which they charged me zero :D
Rick

battery still good on yours?

Kray_Z:
battery still good on yours?
Yeah. I even flooded it a couple of times (in fresh water) and was sure it'd fail, so I bought a second one just in case. The first one is still cracking along just fine, though, and lasting over four hours (I really don't know how long it'll last as I've never gone over four on it.)
It's a slimline - like the photos.
Rick
PS the flooding was the reason I sent it in for service - turned out to be a nick in the switch boot that I couldn't find.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom