Constance Bank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hyper-limits

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anybody dove Constance Bank before? We are planning to dive there on the 20 Mar 05
If you have any info that would help me in planning this trip like current,depth etc. please let me know.
Constance is well known to fisherman for the great Halibut fishing.

Thank you

Al

Hyper-limits:
Anybody dove Constance Bank before? We are planning to dive there on the 20 Mar 05
If you have any info that would help me in planning this trip like current,depth etc. please let me know.
Constance is well known to fisherman for the great Halibut fishing.

Thank you

Al
I looked on a chart and the shallowest it gets is about 55-60 feet. It seems like it's mostly flat and about 4 square kilometers in size. It looks like on the Northern end there might be a bit of a wall going down to about 250 feet. There are also little wavy lines all over the top of it: - Strong current. Ogden point ran a charter out to it last year and they told me back then that it was mostly gravel with lots of current (kind of like the bottom of the wall at 10-mile.). I'm thinking if people keep going to it, there's got to be more to it than that.

Hey Mark there is still space on the boat if you want to come. If we find something you could take some good pictures. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Al

Hi guy, BTW we have 1 spot left on the boat. The challenge on that dive if mostly wind. It can get nasty out there. The current of that day is -3 knots to -0.4. nice 3 hours window. The have a nice coutour line from 15 to 30 meter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom