Contacting RTO Manufacturing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kgault

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have been attempting to contact RTO Manufacturing about the Tank tumbler that they displayed at DEMA.

Their website is: http://www.rtomfg.com/ which unfortunately does not contain any contact information or links.

I picked up their flyer and business card at DEMA which contained an email and phone number. The email of mail@rtomfg.com bounces with an error that dive@gmail.com does not exist (forwarding error?). The phone number forwards to a dive shop, and I have not recieved a call back for a message that I left on Sunday.

Does anyone have a working contact method for this company?

From the conversation I had with them, they were going to investigate the modification necessary to make a long two tank tumbler that could be setup at multiple roller spacings to allow a single unit to be used for deco bottles and larger steel cylinders.

I was hoping that they had a plan and a price for such a tumbler and were prepared to start manufacturing them.

Has anyone recieved a tank tumbler who ordered one at DEMA?

Thanks,

Keith

These guys look like they need to enroll in "Marketing 101"

Keith
Have a Tumbler and glad I bought one. I had a GMC and it was the biggest pile of Sheet metal compared to this one. This is such a over kill unit but I tumble 3 steel tanks at once with it. 2 on the rollers and one on top. The machine is rock solid. It does not even flex with the weight. The problem I had with the GMC is that to keep your tanks from falling through the rollers with you steel tanks you had to adjust them just about all the way in. When you do this you can only run 1 tank at a time.

If you can get a way to buy one of these units do it. They are worth it.
Good Luck

Keith
Have a Tumbler and glad I bought one. I had a GMC and it was the biggest pile of Sheet metal compared to this one. This is such a over kill unit but I tumble 3 steel tanks at once with it. 2 on the rollers and one on top. The machine is rock solid. It does not even flex with the weight. The problem I had with the GMC is that to keep your tanks from falling through the rollers with you steel tanks you had to adjust them just about all the way in. When you do this you can only run 1 tank at a time.

If you can get a way to buy one of these units do it. They are worth it.
Good Luck

I found the contact info for the tumblers it is on the bottom of their new blog at:
Scuba Tank Tumblers

The two demo units from DEMA are being offered on Ebay at:Scuba Tank Tumbler - eBay (item 160541370764 end time Feb-10-11 15:38:16 PST)

I bought one of the tumblers off Ebay, with modifications for both longer tanks, and being adjustable to smaller tank diameters.

Keith

Last edited:
The tumblers are now sold through PSI the cylinder inspection training company.

The demo unit they had at DEMA was much improved from prototypes.

Keith

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom