Continued #360video adventures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverLaura

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!

(Watch in youtube for full 360 effect)

A bit of blackout fixed the reflection of the Samsung Gear360 on the inside of my home-brew housing. Also working on different lighting techniques to highlight subject matter...

And oh yeah... Check out my super awesome made to measure custom overlay FLXextreme Wonder Woman drysuit from Diving Unlimited International! I'm over the moon, it's the most comfortable drysuit evah!

Last edited:
Your facial expressions, combined with the dry suit and the music kind of remind me of Wes Anderson movies.
Maybe I'm wrong, but this was the first thing that came to my mind.
Can you post a picture of the housing?
I'm very curious how you did that!

Hi Offfi, I'm flattered that you thought of Wes Anderson, LOVE his work so much :)

Here is image of my DIY housing for Samsung Gear360... I had to paint the gear360 black as it was reflecting on inside of housing. Nothing a little rattle can black couldn't fix :wink: It's basically two of the Telesin 6" dome ports for surf gopro and an interface disk so that I had room to put a base for camera inside. It is about 2lbs positively buoyant so I hang a weight pouch off the bottom that can be removed via Nadir Patch tool, and in this case i clamped a couple of Light & Motion SOLA video lights on the bottom.

I have to trigger the system with the bluetooth remote on the surface (or samsung phone) prior to getting in the water. I do the stitch with KOLOR Autopano Pro and Giga and then touch up color in FCPX. If there is more post to work on, I'll use Adobe AE with Skybox Mettle or Dashwood Cinema Solutions in FCPX, usually some combination of the two, as they both have their strengths.

Attachments

• IMG_7700.JPG
    IMG_7700.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 66
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom