Convert Yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rileymartin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Does anyone know if a Scubapro MK200/G200 can be converted from yoke to DIN? Where can I get the parts? Thanks.

Riley

You are a loss ball in tall grass. This is the vintage forum, ask in the regulator forum.

How vintage is vintage? I bought the regulators back in 1989.

Vintage is 1973 and older (as a rule of thumb - according to various members of the vintage community)
I don't know if that's 100% official, but I go along with it, WTH? :idk:

Vintage is 1973 and older (as a rule of thumb - according to various members of the vintage community)
I don't know if that's 100% official, but I go along with it, WTH? :idk:

Sounds very precise. Is there any particular reason for that specific year?

Like I said in my post, that's just what I heard. I'm new to vintage so I just go along with the info given by much more knowledgable oficionados. 1973 seems to be the year that separates modern from vintage. Why,I don't know. It's just a number :idk:
Oh wait, I just remembered, I think because that's the last year Aqualung made the RAM.

Ask Nemrod, he'll tell you.

Hi all,

Does anyone know if a Scubapro MK200/G200 can be converted from yoke to DIN? Where can I get the parts? Thanks.

Riley

If I remember correctly, the MK-200 is a varient of the MK-2 which can be converted to DIN so odds are it can. DA Aquamaster would be the one to ask.

It's a somewhat floating year but in general 73 is considered to be the end of the vintage era. The reason I have heard most often is that was the last year that a double hose reg was listed in the US Divers catalog. While there were single hose regs dating back into the 50's most vintage divers are mainly interested in double hose regs and the equipment used with them hence the end of the USD double hose regs marked the end of the era.

Vintage and vintage era can be seen differently, like the muscle car era, a good example, a modern Ford Mustang is not a "muscle car era" vehicle and neither is a 1989 single hose Scuba Pro that you can still buy parts and service for at Tom, Dick and Harry's Scuba Emporium and Bong Shop.

The 1973 dates represents a change in diving methodology, the end of the double hose largely from the major players, BCs, spgs, PadI, no more J valves etc, is 1973 the perfect date, why not 1993? Make 2003. Make it 2013 and DIR can be vintage.

Isn't Jan. 4, 1974 the date that the first mullet hair cut was given?

The New Science of Skin and Scuba editions prior to 1973 had no BCs in them that was vintage. In fact, move it back to 1969, works for me. I think 1973 or 74 was about when the first Stab Jackets showed up which was the dawn of the "Poodle Jacket Era" of which so many of you guys cut your teeth on. That must be why we keep having the cutoff date discussion, seriously, if we are going to include poodles jackets might as well include everything up until yesterday.

What about faux equipment and reproductions, I think it was decided by consensus that equipment that is of the type and kind used before 1973, example, new reproduction Voit Duck Feet, are vintage era, pink super tagenta FF with wings and whiskers are not.

This is vintage:

4db6_1.jpg

I don't see anything about DIN in the 69 copy of The New Science of Skin and Scuba, don't see it in the 66 edition of Basic Scuba either?

N

The discription of this forum reads:

"Pre-1980 "Vintage" SCUBA Gear, including Double Hose Regulators, Conshelfs, Voit, Aquamaster, Horsecollar BC's and other classic pieces of gear. Sea Hunt, Jacques Cousteau and the early history of this great sport."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom