Cool place!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

love2godeep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

I found this board on a google search, trying to figure out what fins to buy. I still haven't got that resolved, but I'm glad to have found this place.

I've been diving for a couple of years. After years of going to the sea any chance I could get, with lots of snorkeling, shelling, etc. I decided I had to see what was down deeper.

Of course, I was hooked from the first discovery dive, which I took on a little island in Palawan, Philippines.

Since getting my C-card I have dived the Bloody Bay Wall, Little Cayman; Sodwana Bay (South Africa); Xcalak (Quintana Roo, Mexico); and, of course, the Philippines. Did a night dive in El Nido.

I'm still a real neophyte, sorting out the buoyancy thing, etc.,
but this is something I love with a passion. I live in Washington State, on a deep lake, but that's not my sort of diving.

I'm looking forward to meeting some friends here.....

Love2godeep

Tropical wall diving is definitely a blast!

The abyss is indigo blue below.

The surface if you can see it is a silvery mirror above.

The beautiful butterfly fish are everywhere.

You float, free as a bird, underwater.

It is love.

Welcome :wave: Love2godeep,

You'll like it here. A lot of good people, and a lot to learn, and everyone have something to give. Enjoy yourself and hope to meet up in the threads with you.

Bill :)

Welcome to Scuba Board. :hi: Fun place to learn, compare, argue, etc. :thumb:

I couldn't decide which fins to buy, so now I'm leaving for Cozumel this weekend with two pair. :scratch:

:cheers: don

Love your post, Indigo Blue.

When I dive I sometimes have such an incredible feeling of oneness with the sea. Yes, love, but of the deepest, most primitive, visceral kind.

Thanks for sharing. And thanks, everyone, for the friendly welcome. I think I'll like it here.

L2GD

Oh yes, Don, enjoy Coz. I was just down at Xcalak (almost all the way to Belize) and it was totally awesome. Can't wait to get back! I have the tickets; just need the time!!

BTW, if you do any driving (not diving) in Playa del Carmen, watch for the policemen! If everyone else is going 120, crawl along at the posted speed limit, especially if yo have a rental car. But you probably already knew that. :D

Let me know which fins you liked best!

L

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom