Cool stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip

Contributor
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I did a night dive with my son at Redondo, and as you might imagine it consisted of pretty much all the standard fare that that site offers; but no Octopus (am I blind). However, after the "grand tour" we surfaced by the pilings under the Highline Community College Dock and saw a nice school of fish, who upon closer inspection of my dive light, turned out to be Salmon hatchlings...What fun; bright shinny little Salmon, all in various stages of development.
For me, I had a connection with the little Salmon held within the beam of my light; maybe it’s because I was raised in the Northwest, and I understand the reverence the aboriginal cultures held for the fish, but perhaps I saw in the fish, a hope for the Sound.

I love Redondo as a night dive spot. Cool that you saw the Salmon hatchlings. I've never seen any on a dive...yet. Weird to not see any octos. Every night dive there for the past five or six months we've spotted at least two or more. Mostly small reds, in the rocks just shallow of the two boats, the pipe boat, etc. We tend to go northerly from the observation pipe to hit those, then curl up shallower and go really slow...and we find octos every dive that way. On our last dive there, we also saw Northern Ronquil and a black-eye goby, along with a prickleback snake fish of some sort.

Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom