Coral Reef CSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gd article...at the same time we divers also have to more to educate each others. On 1 dive i was talking to some divers and they were saying that they "plowed" through some corals while practicing their boyancy and they still could laugh about it...it irked me real bad at how they could do such a thing and also at their ignorance.
I admit sometime i crash into corals,but it isn't on purpose and i feel bad about it.Those guys should have some guilt in them about it. Coral reefs are what we dive for!

Ugh...that makes my stomach turn when I hear of people plowing through our corals.

I have a large reef tank in my house (soon to be larger!), and I know how delicate these ANIMALS (that's right..they're alive!) are. Now, I personally am aware that many types of corals won't really suffer if a piece gets broken off (fragmentation is a form of reproduction for many corals), but that doesn't mean that I'm just going to go bouncing off of them carlessly.

We must respect the underwater world, since we are the visitors in someone else's house.

Back
Top Bottom