Corpus diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kwbyron

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys,

I am settling into my new place in corpus and I am anxious to get my gear wet again. Are there any dive sites in the area or should I just plan on diving when I head to Austin?? I've tried to find info on shore dives and such, but with no luck. If there is anyone local that wants to take me out, I'd be greatfull. I've been In Seattle for 3 years (grew up in Austin, so I'm glad to be back) and diving activly for 2.

Just cruise on down to South Padre. :)

I think the big thing in Corpus is rig diving, but nothing just right off the shore line (as far as I know).

Welcome home, Kevin! :wavey:

Has it really been three years? Wow, that's amazing. I remember when you telling us you were moving up there, but I had forgotten how long ago that had been. Glad to have you back in Texas! :D

I've done the jetties around Corpus (Port A, Fish Pass, and Packery Channel) but vis tends to be pretty bad except in late summer and you have to work around fishermen and tides.

I used to live in Port A. Try calling Tom at Handsome Sailor Charters. He used to take divers out to 8 mile rig. Nice rig dive. I am sure he still does it. If you talk to him, tell him Steve from Loose Change says hi.

Handsome Sailor Yacht Charters

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom