Costa Maya Mexico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Neophyte//

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,
I'm going to be diving in Costa Maya as that's a stop on the Cruise I'm taking in March. I was wondering if anyone had any information on what dive shop Carnival uses and what's the depth of the reefs within that 10 minute ride from the shore that I've read about. This will be my first dive in anything other than Fresh Water. A little bit nervous about it. Any tips would be appreciated too.

Thanks

Contact Dream Time Diver Center. When I was there a couple of years ago, they had the cruise ship contract. Maybe they still do, and they run an excellent dive operation whether or not they still have the contract. If they are not the contract dive op, they may be willing to tell you which op has the current contract, but I would not hesitate to use Dream Time. The reefs vary in depth, but whatever dive op you use, they will likely keep the dives at a level compatible with the divers' qualifications and experience levels. Just be upfront with your DM/Instructor about your experience level and any concerns. Don't worry about the dives--you will love the reefs. Enjoy.

Costa Maya is Majahual, if I remember correctly.

I thought the reefs there were further than 10min offshore.

I thought the reefs there were further than 10min offshore.

Some are 10 minutes from the beach, and some are out farther. Last time I was there, we used the close in reefs, and they were nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom