Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been unreal, I just can't win with this light.

My 21W light that I sent in for service is sitting with them as well, when I followed up I received the exact same message. I am not quite sure what holding my property has to do with their court order.....but apparenlty I will not receive it back until "the issue is resolved" this doesn't sound good :) I hope I will see my light again...

My 21W light that I sent in for service is sitting with them as well, when I followed up I received the exact same message. I am not quite sure what holding my property has to do with their court order.....but apparenlty I will not receive it back until "the issue is resolved" this doesn't sound good :) I hope I will see my light again...

You and me both, mine is brand freaking new and a rare Salvo lemon. I'm greatly concerned about seeing it again.

*UPDATE*

My LDS just recieved this reply while following up and on order from last week:

"Unfortunately, we are in a holding pattern currently because of a court order. As soon as the issue is resolved, I will be able to let you know the shipping details.

Safe diving,
Corey Mearns

Leviathan Diving Equipment LLC"

anyone know what's up with the court order?

is it Haylcon (sp?) trying to stop Leviathan from opening up?

Maybe this is not the right forum to ask this... but does anyone knows what is this court order all about? Also, why Salvo is now Leviathan?? I was planning to buy one of their lights, but I'm now worried.

Maybe this is not the right forum to ask this... but does anyone knows what is this court order all about? Also, why Salvo is now Leviathan?? I was planning to buy one of their lights, but I'm now worried.

Short version.

The founder of Salvo (Barry Miller) stole raw materials and finished products from his Employer (Halcyon) to start his company (Salvo).

He did jail time and there was also a court order to get the stolen material back to the proper owners.

There's an extensive thread on the Deco Stop dedicated to the Halcyon/Salvo issues. If I were you I'd hold off for a while and see how this plays out.

Cool--it's not like I wanted my 21W HID back anyways...good thing that it was for a $25 fix and a 2yr old light that I loved like one of mychildren....awesome :) What's even sweeter is that people that are getting hurt by this civil suit (the guy already did time; and paid $$$) are mostly avid tech DIVERS...I'll keep my own detailed opinion to myself, but wrong or right--by continuing to pursue this never-ending issue is one way to alienate your target audience.

You and me both, mine is brand freaking new and a rare Salvo lemon. I'm greatly concerned about seeing it again.
The reason i know about this is because some poor sap (diving friend of mine) is trying to buy a light for the Trimix class he's in. First my LDS (on my insistence) sets up an account with salvo and orders this kid a light. But does it ever get shipped? Nope. Thus the email I posted in the first thread. My LDS owner and the customer friend and my tech instructor friend are not happy. But I insist that if they are just a LITTLE more patient they can be one of the first on our block to get a Leviathan. Finally the LDS sets up the account and places the order, and now here we go again... My buddy the instructor wants the kid to have a light for the class (midway ion right now), the LDS owner wants to sell the kid a light. The kid handed over his money weeks ago and has no light.

And it's all my fault for trying to help, kinda...:shakehead:

I assume that H has a temporary restraining order preventing them from "doing business" that is the result of a search warrant served on them just as they opened up. According to pubic posts by JJ and others at H, they found considerable assets that belong to the previous enterprise and were the subject of some sort of seizure or disposition order.Typically, a temporary restraining order is not issued unless there if probable cause that the petitioner will prevail in the trial request for a permanent restraining order. I would say it is not looking good at this point for the "new" guys.

Of course, like all of you, I am only able to conclude this based on public postings and public information available to everyone. Who knows what the REAL story is.

By the way, not even COMMUNICATING with any customers is likely a good legal strategy for these guys right now. As I understand, there is clearly a restraining order and ANY form of doing business might well draw them in further....even customer communication. They are very likely working hard to thread a needle and avoid being further sucked into the disaster that was known as Salvo.

Oh well.

Phil Ellis
www.divesports.com

from Jarrod at Halcyon's post on Deco Stop, it appears that the court authorized a "search/inventory" of Leviathan assets and they found Halcyon property there.

Unless someone writes a big check to cover it, I don't see a quick resolution to this.

Here's the ironic thing. If Leviathan folds because of this., then they are worth nothing. Even Halcyon looses (and gets nothing).

Leviathan looses....
Halcyon looses....
the customer looses...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom