Countdown to Leviathan...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it difficult to believe a court order would prohibit Corey from contacting customers who's property he is in posession of. While I fully empathize with his predicament, an explanation of why I can't have my insanely expensive light back would certainly go a long way to quell concerns.

In their defense I was able to communicate with them. Secondly what has me a little upset is that my light was supposedly fixed already 10 days ago, I sent them my cc# and assumed it was shipped....it wasn't. Seems like they aren't even shipping back FIXED equipment. This is unsettling at the least, for a light that originally cost me a thousand dollars....

However, I think the H is going after the wrong party here...when is enough enough? EVERYONE LOSES FROM THIS--INCLUDING HALCYON (if they are actually behind this, by alienating their customer base). LEVIATHAN THE CUSTOMER ETC ETC.

The guy did a year in jail and paid a ton of cash....seriously when is enough enough? Sue them then sue them again, until one company holds a monopoloy? Yes, this is where the "alienation" piece comes in...this is purely my own opinion based on the previous posts here. But I guess that is what is the "American" way these days...

If the latter, is Halcyon's restraining order due to wrongdoing on his part, or is that due to Halcyon's desire for revenge against Barry? (justified or not as to Barry, revenge against Barry is now being implemented via legal actions against Corey)

I kinda wondered if there was some revenge also.

Barry has supposedly tried open Salvo under several different names and in other peoples ownership. each time the courts supposedly slapped it down.

so then Leviathan comes along and they get slapped down.

I wonder if some if this is just revenge against Barry, or is Halcyon justified? By justified, it does appear that Leviathan was in possession of Halcyon property by what Halcyon said.

EDIT: of course Leviathan supposedly had possession of the items that belonged to Halcyon. The question is, did the new owners of Leviathan realize that? Or is this just another shell game?

Um, if you break the law, you have to pay. You can't steal stuff and then keep trying to hide from paying up. I certainly don't fault Halcyon. ALL BLAME IS WITH BARRY.

Agreed. A simple return of e-mail or phone call would put me at ease. Not hearing anything is annoying to say the least.

I'm not an expert in procedures pertaining to Florida civil judgments, but the fact that people are not receiving return calls could be due to Corey and Joel being barred from contacting Salvo/Leviathan customers during the investigation. Supposedly, they're also locked out of their own building, so it seems possible.

I'm not an expert in procedures pertaining to Florida civil judgments, but the fact that people are not receiving return calls could be due to Corey and Joel being barred from contacting Salvo/Leviathan customers during the investigation. Supposedly, they're also locked out of their own building, so it seems possible.

if that's true, they might not have access to phone or email messages. (could explain some of the silence from them).

Sure, that could be exactly what's happening, and while I can't fault them in that case, it STILL SUCKS for us with lights in their care (especially after being told not to worry).

EDIT: of course Leviathan supposedly had possession of the items that belonged to Halcyon. The question is, did the new owners of Leviathan realize that? Or is this just another shell game?

As I understand it, Leviathan was in possession of items that belonged to Salvo. Since Salvo owes Halcyon money still (judgment was not entirely paid off), they're going after anyone who may have Salvo assets.

Rainer, don't kid yourself. There is ABSOLUTELY a revenge aspect to this. I don't kid myself into thinking some revenge against Barry isn't warranted... he definitely burned JJ and Halcyon when he crossed the line of legality, but at this point, it's spilling over onto others who are NOT Barry, and NOT Salvo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom