Cove Two, Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DoubleDip

Contributor
Reaction score
I met up with Underwatergirl79 today for a refresher dive at cove two, Alki and I must say that from the surface and below, someone has to be a absolute idiot to cross the boundary lines and cause trouble with the Tour boat. It seem's like overkill, and it looks ugly from the surface, but if that's what it takes then that's what was needed. I extend my gratitude to every volunteer who made the site "fool" proof. Bravo, Kirk Hamblen

P.S. Underwatergirl79, your like a fish, no worry's!

Kirk thanks for the dive...at least someone wasn't completely lost!!!

Regarding the fish comment at least I didn't chase after you like the Cabezon did with your pics...so not quite as bad as that fish. Promise I was gonna come defend you...just thought you were doing a great job with your camera.

Were you able to do a second dive?

We will dive again...

Annette

DoubleDip:
I must say that from the surface and below, someone has to be a absolute idiot to cross the boundary lines and cause trouble with the Tour boat. It seem's like overkill, and it looks ugly from the surface, but if that's what it takes then that's what was needed.

Well, today I watched from shore as two divers blithely crossed the boundary line at about 30 fsw, swam about two thirds of the way from the boundary line to the fishing pier, and then made their way in toward shore ... right down the center of the restricted zone.

We watched as they crossed back over the boundary cable in about 6 feet of water, and played dumb when they surfaced and I mentioned that they had been diving inside a restricted area. When I told them that we'd spent the past several minutes watching their bubbles from the surface, and that they were 100 feet inside a 150-foot restricted area, the neoprene-clad bimbo replied "oh" ... without a hint of care or concern.

Some people will never get it. Perhaps we should just seed the area with contact mines ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Well, today I watched from shore as two divers blithely crossed the boundary line at about 30 fsw, swam about two thirds of the way from the boundary line to the fishing pier, and then made their way in toward shore ... right down the center of the restricted zone.

We watched as they crossed back over the boundary cable in about 6 feet of water, and played dumb when they surfaced and I mentioned that they had been diving inside a restricted area. When I told them that we'd spent the past several minutes watching their bubbles from the surface, and that they were 100 feet inside a 150-foot restricted area, the neoprene-clad bimbo replied "oh" ... without a hint of care or concern.

Some people will never get it. Perhaps we should just seed the area with contact mines ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

This was after you all put up the new boundary you were talking about in "cove 2 divers being stupid"? Jeeze....

Doubledip was that the Cabazone you irritated??? LOL looks like him..with the fins sticking up...

Yes we will need to dive again soon.

Annette

PS It wasn't me crossing that boundary...LOL

laivindil:
This was after you all put up the new boundary you were talking about in "cove 2 divers being stupid"? Jeeze....

Yes, and just to be clear, I'm no longer involved in this project at all ... and beyond occasionally helping out with rope-cleaning, haven't been for quite some time.

The major player is Jack Connick. He has worked with the City for months to get permits, acquire the requisite materials, and get the City to provide the support needed to get the mooring blocks put down ... heck, he even talked the Seattle P.D. into using a couple of Harbor Patrol boats to help place the buoys. Jack is also responsible for the fact that we have a fresh-water shower at the site, and changing benches in the public restrooms.

JD Rowe and Randy Williams provided the expertise and gear needed to do the underwater "heavy lifting", such as moving the mooring blocks into place and securing the buoys with galvanized chain.

Jack, Randy, JD, and the other volunteers who were involved in this effort all deserve credit for hard work and excellent results ... hopefully, it'll help slow down the number of encroachments.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

At some point you begin to wonder if a freindly neighborhood police officer with a ticket for violating a city ordinance when they surface is going to provide that little extra urge toward responsible actions.

Nah. What Jack needs is some stainless steel radiological contamination signs. Big, yellow and black, with "Danger: Extremely High Levels of Radioactivity" "Do Not Enter Or You Will Never Have Sex Again" printed on them. Hang'em every 10' along the cable.

Maybe a few 55 gallon drums, white, with the same markings, scattered on the bottom, with the tops bashed off.

It'll solve that problem in a heartbeat, except for the illiterates over there...

Doc Intrepid:
Nah. What Jack needs is some stainless steel radiological contamination signs. Big, yellow and black, with "Danger: Extremely High Levels of Radioactivity" "Do Not Enter Or You Will Never Have Sex Again" printed on them. Hang'em every 10' along the cable.

Maybe a few 55 gallon drums, white, with the same markings, scattered on the bottom, with the tops bashed off.

It'll solve that problem in a heartbeat, except for the illiterates over there...

What ever happened to a good ol' tar and feathering? If only we could be waiting on shore with a substance that sticks to wet scuba gear....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom