Cover UP!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is so typically stupid. Why does it matter that the male visitors were staring at the statue, feminism has gone way to far? In this post modern age why are we so prudish?

N

Feminism??????????????????????????

Are you really serious????

This has all to do with right wing born again Christian prudishness and NOTHING to do with feminism. Feminism would essentially say precisely the opposite.

Irrespective, America's fear of the female body is weird and reminds me of nothing more than Islam's fear of the same.

Anyhow, all moronic. Indeed, time people GTFU. The G is for Grew :)

J

Feminism??????????????????????????

Are you really serious????

This has all to do with right wing born again Christian prudishness and NOTHING to do with feminism. Feminism would essentially say precisely the opposite.

Irrespective, America's fear of the female body is weird and reminds me of nothing more than Islam's fear of the same.

Anyhow, all moronic. Indeed, time people GTFU. The G is for Grew :)

J

I will stick with what I said. Yes, I am serious, it is feminism, I disagree with your analysis, the "problem" was not that the statue had exposed breasts, but that the men and boys were looking at them. This upset the women who worked there, oh, my, those horrible men and boys are looking at her breasts!!!!!! That is feminism in action, not Christianity. :confused:

Since you are so anti-Christian and anti/hate Americans it seems, maybe try a burke on for size, instead of a bikini top. Your coloring everybody in America or religious peoples with one giant brush is sort of ignorant and I might say also that Muslims are very diverse in both culture and history and have contributed great beauty, art and enlightenment to the world.

As far as I am concerned you can go butt naked, we were not born with cloths, so I figure they are sort of optional and required for function not modesty.

Meanwhile, I think I will look at my mermaid pictures. :rofl3:

IMG_0697_edited-1.jpg

N

That's a lot more info than what I've been able to find while searching for the reason that they did it ... where did you find that ?

Why do Americans always assume that anything that happens anywhere is to do with them?
  • ... only in America
  • Yup ... only in the prudish USA ...
  • ... America's fear of the female body ...
You're all wrong... Chessington (and it's sea life centre, note spelling) is in the UK, not America.

Travel to Chessington easily by road, rail and bus
SEA LIFE Centre Chessington with sharks, stingrays and more

Rule Britannia! (Who is always sensibly dressed.)

OK, maybe the hat is a bit much.

I never said it was in America or American, my naked statue is in Grand Cayman. Feminism, religion, right/left, prudish reactions are not exclusive to North America, I think they are a human issue, not an American issue. :idk:

And before I get jumped on again, an "issue" does not imply a negative or a positive, only a discussion.

N

I never said it was in America or American, my naked statue is in Grand Cayman. Feminism, religion, right/left, prudish reactions are not exclusive to North America, I think they are a human issue, not an American issue. :idk:
N

Its an American thing, the Euro's aren't usually nearly as uptight as we are. I see tits and naked 8 year old kids every day I go to the beach. And it isn't " the beach ", like a nude beach, it is any beach here in Southern Spain.

And before I get jumped on again, an "issue" does not imply a negative or a positive, only a discussion.

N

Nemrod, although I happen to agree with your sentiments in general, I think you were a little over-sensitive on this one. Atticus' post was not about you - it was about the mistaken assumption of other posts about this (covering with a bikini at Chessington) happened in America...

Silly. What's next, the diver in the second picture being reprimanded for "copping a feel"? :)

Have they nothing better to do??

Wondering if they were implants.
Real one aren't this hard.

Sorry to upset any one but the post was to be fun not stir up a hornets nest.

the Mermaid in question lives in "Chessington World of Adventures" BRITAIN
not America :wink:

A sea life centre was forced to cover up a topless mermaid today – after young lads were caught ‘ogling’ her ample treasure chest.

Marine staff at Chessington World Of Adventures, Greater London, took action following reports of visitors getting steamed-up by stone statue Sally in their underwater tunnel.

A diver was sent into the tank to fit Sally with a bikini to protect her modesty and the leering male attention.

Chessington’s zoo experience manager Justine Locker said: ”It’s a bit of a boob on our part, really.

”We hadn’t noticed quite how buxom Sally was until we clocked young boys, and not so young boys, spending a lot of time ogling her in the walk-through ocean tunnel.

”Since none of us can avoid what is starring us straight in the face. It’s time for a cover-up.

”After all, it’s summer, the perfect time to be sporting a designer bikini.”

Chessington World Of Adventures boasts ‘Britain’s wildest adventure’, with rides, animals and its sea life centre – featuring sharks, fish and other marine life.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom