Covid 19 Sanitation Procedure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sefuchs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My favorite Dive Op in Cozumel - ScubaLife Cozumel - sent me a news letter with a summary of thier sanitation procedure posted below. Also thier dive/stay special package is very tempting, they may not be the absolute cheapest on the island but very competative with superb quality standards (and I will dare to say they are the "best" dive op for OUR gang of divers).

101534796_2603106993263091_2843383467960434688_o.png

a2041973-4e45-48f6-a673-48e4fbac2f29.png

I just booked my Feb trip with Tres Pelicanos and they sent me their new procedures. Slightly different - of course by Feb 2021 I’m hoping all of this will be behind us. It wasn’t specifically called out but I’m sure all of these are subject to change as they learn what works best. The following is cut and pasted from my confirmation email:

Due to what the world has been going through - we are adding some conditions that to be implemented until further notice.

1. all clients have and wear a face mask .

Please bring your own as they are in short supply on the Island. They will be worn at all times at the shop, on transportation to and from the marina, and on the boat until time to enter the water. Zip Lock bags should be brought to store the mask while diving. The mask will be worn on the Surface Interval.

2. All clients will be required to take their masks (both face and diving) along with their regulators back to their rooms after each trip.

BCD's, Wet suits & fins will be rinsed at the shop.

3. There will be no DIVING MASK rinse bucket on the boats. Ocean water is sufficient to rinse masks or water from your own bottles

4. Everyone must have their own drinking container/water bottle. We will have a limited supply of bottled water on board for hydration. The community water jugs on the boats will be removed. Please bring your own water.

Masks are going to get wet if worn on a boat under way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom