Coz temps and Sabor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moray

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
What's the water temperature in Cozumel now? Anybody stayed at the Sabor? Thanks

Here is a good start to answer many of your Coz questions, including weather and water temps (this is accurate):
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ps-dive-operators-restaurants-taxis-more.html

Sabor gets mixed reviews, so it depends on what you are looking for! Your question is vague so if you can ask some specific questions or let us know what you are looking for in a hotel/resort we can make some suggestions for you. :)

Water is warm, I have stayed at Sabor (well really the condos next door) 3 times, would not have done so if it was bad.

The dive op I'm hoping to dive with has told us we'll have to pay a pier fee of $3 pp/pd if we stay at Sabor. There is no fee at many other resorts (such as Allegro, and many of the non-southern hotels), and a much higher one at Iberostar.

It only amounts to $30 for us, so not a big deal- but something to consider in your budget.

You dive op may eat the cost of the fee. You should check with them.

Park Royal, Sabor and Iberostar are only ones with a fee. Don't count on dive op eating the fee - unless they booked your resort for you!

Keep in mind the limitations you place on yourself the further south you stay with regards to dive site options and expense of leaving the resort.

I recommend staying closer in to avoid these issues.

Downtown hotels
Cozumel Palace
El Cantil Condos
Hotel Cozumel
Scuba Club
Casa del Mar
Park Royal
Blue Angel
La Ceiba/El Cid
Presidente
Fiesta Americana when it re-opens

Any further south gets pricey to leave the resort and dive sites are more limited the further south you go.

When you are already spending so much on a vacation, I think $2 or $3 a day in pier fees are much smaller issues than limited dive site options and it being cost prohibitive to leave the resort more than once or twice. :)

Thanks for responses.im already booked at the Sabor.i wanted to avoid long boat rides or paying extra for a fast boat in town and will use dive palancar on site .i just wanted to know what experiences people had there.Also was looking for a more specific water temp than(warm).80,82,84 etc.

Thanks for responses.im already booked at the Sabor.i wanted to avoid long boat rides or paying extra for a fast boat in town and will use dive palancar on site .i just wanted to know what experiences people had there.Also was looking for a more specific water temp than(warm).80,82,84 etc.

The FAQ that I spent time putting together for this forum has actual temperatures on that page that are reflective of what temperatures have been all week! :)

Just curious - where did you get the idea that you would have to pay extra for a fast boat from town or someone other than the onsite op (which to my knowledge DOES charge more for the fast boat option)? That's not the case for most operations. Avoiding long boat rides is negated when you are on the large slow boats - which is what DP runs unless you upgrade to a small fast boat. The average boat ride from mid-town hotels to Palancar for example, is 25 - 30 minutes on a fast boat. The boat ride from Sabor to Palancar on a large DP boat is 20 - 25 minutes - Just providing this as an FYI - it seems you may have been given some inaccurate information :)

As far as experiences people have had at Sabor - there are MANY threads covering that topic here and of course places like Trip Advisor. This forum has a great search feature at the top of the page. Search Sabor Cozumel and you'll get a large range of opinions on that hotel.

Mossman just stayed there a week ago - so search his posts and you can read about his experiences :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sabor is fine, as you can see some folks get irritated when you ask about the weather. I have no clue why. Seems a natural question for someone going on vacation.
We are leaving in two weeks for our second trip this year, and we will be at the Sabor again. It is a little rough around the edges, but we get the ocean front rooms.
Literally 40 steps to the ocean and the beach is right on our doorstep

Did not know they had a pier charge, guess my op DID eat it, because we had prepaid our dives and we were not asked for more money.
Now that I know I will try and go to the pier north of the sabor pier to save him the fee.

Heck even cabbing it to the marina works for me.

Have fun

Back
Top Bottom