Cozumel Carnaval 2006 Schedule

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CozumelAntonio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
carni.jpg

Day/Date-Event-Place-Time

Wednesday/Feb. 22nd - Crowning of King & Queen Celebration - Benito Juarez Park - 7pm

Thurs./Feb. 23rd - Pre-School & Kindergarden on Parade - Main Av. - 9am
Thurs./Feb. 23rd - Preschool & Kindergarden Costume Contest - Rojo Gomez Ballroom - 10:30am
Thurs./Feb. 23rd - Preschool & Kindergarden Dance Troop (Comparsas) Contest - Rojo Gomez Ballroom - 5pm

Friday/Feb.24th - Primary Schools on Parade - Main Ave. - 9am
Friday/Feb.24th - Primary Schools Comparsas Contest - Rojo Gomez Ballroom - 10:30am
Friday/Feb.24th - Primary Schools Costume Contest - Rojo Gomez Ballroom - 5pm
Friday/Feb.24th - Comparsas Contest Teen & Freestyle Categories - Rojo Gomez Ballroom - 10pm

Saturday/Feb.25th - 1st Carnaval Float Parade - Main Av. - 6pm
Saturday/Feb.25th - Great Ball & Costume Contest "Masks & Fantasy" Freestyle - Rojo Gomez Ballroom - 10pm

Sunday/Feb.26th - Pet contest - Benito Juarez Park - 11am
Sunday/Feb.26th - 2nd Carnaval Float Parade - Main Av- 6pm

Monday/Feb.27th - 3rd Carnaval Float Parade - Main Av. - 6pm
Monday/Feb.27th - Great Tropical Night - Prize for table with "Most Tropical" costumes - R. Gomez Ballroom - 10pm

Fat Tuesday/Feb.28th - Last Carnaval Float Parade - Main Av. - 6pm
Fat Tuesday/Feb.28th - Grand Closing Event (muy grande fiesta!!) Benito Juarez Park - 10pm 'till..?

This information has been copied from the County's Official Website (and translated via human):

http://www.cozumel.gob.mx/calcarnaval.htm

Thanks for the schedule!
I'm booked for two weeks in Cozumel during Mardi Gras.

Yipee

Woo Hoo! We're going the 25th through March 4th!

We are there from Feb 23-27... anything worth seeing?

The parades on the 25th, 26th, 27th (Children's Parade) and especially the 28th are loads of fun!

Enjoy!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

How lucky. I'll be there the 25th through March 4th as well! I had no Idea I'd be there during Carnaval. Anyone know where is the "Rojo Gomez Ballroom" and whether there is an admission fee to the same?

Thanks,

Hector

The Rojo Gomez Ballroom is actually the baseball stadium. They have erected a huge tent there for many of this year's activities. It is located on 30 Avenida and A.R. Salas. In the past these events were held at Moby Dick, a large hall (for lack of a better description) a good bit further from the center of town, which sustained hurricane damage. Some events are free, others have an entry fee. I believe there is a small fee to watch the competitions there, $1-2 per person. The competition on the 27th might be more, as it features the orchestra of Willie Chirino. Come to my house, just a few blocks from the stadium and you can hear it for free! Last Saturday they featured Elvis Crespo, slated to begin at 10pm, I didn't hear anything until 11:30pm and then stayed up until 2:30am. It sounded better from my place than it did there, according to friends who attended!

Sally
Barefoot in Cozumel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom