Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven’t really looked at them since just before the hurricane but a few days after, the government changed the way they were reporting active cases - there was like a 48 case rise in Cozumel in one day.

The way I understood the change was that you were now considered positive if you had direct contact with a confirmed positive case - something they changed on the federal level.

Whatever the change was - it doesn't seem to effect the actual number of active cases for whatever reason.... It's all numbers

So, 4 weeks ago we had a new case to recovered case ration of about 1 for a few weeks - it went up to 1.6ish for a few weeks and is back down to 1.2 right now with the last four days being under 1.0 - open and treading water I'd say.

I haven’t really looked at them since just before the hurricane but a few days after, the government changed the way they were reporting active cases - there was like a 48 case rise in Cozumel in one day.

The way I understood the change was that you were now considered positive if you had direct contact with a confirmed positive case - something they changed on the federal level.
Does someone who had contact with the person who is now positive now become positive?

Does someone who had contact with the person who is now positive now become positive?

How deep within the contacts is anyone’s guess.

The change makes it difficult to compare where we are at as to where we were type thing. Aside from the problems in Chetumal, we weren’t too bad really - Cancun, Playa and Cozumel were roughly maintaining the same level we had right before re opening

Are the ferry companies still alternating days and only running 2-3 trips/day?

Are the ferry companies still alternating days and only running 2-3 trips/day?

Yes, still alternating.
Running 6 trips, but wouldn't be surprised to see more soon.
Most are running pretty full.
In case anyone's wondering, mask compliance is close to 100%, including toddlers, except for the cute and funny drunk Americans.

Yes, still alternating.
Running 6 trips, but wouldn't be surprised to see more soon.
Most are running pretty full.
In case anyone's wondering, mask compliance is close to 100%, including toddlers, except for the cute and funny drunk Americans.

Mediumone,

Are there still issues with lines/getting on at certain times of the day ? I haven’t ridden one in a year at least, but I gather there were a few ferries where people didn’t get on even with a ticket (probably the 5pm ish peak commute ones). That was a month or two ago so may have changed quite a bit if they returned more capacity.

I am not knocking ferries, just flagging that for a while they were drastically different than normal according to the reports I saw.

Mediumone,

Are there still issues with lines/getting on at certain times of the day ? I haven’t ridden one in a year at least, but I gather there were a few ferries where people didn’t get on even with a ticket (probably the 5pm ish peak commute ones). That was a month or two ago so may have changed quite a bit if they returned more capacity.

I am not knocking ferries, just flagging that for a while they were drastically different than normal according to the reports I saw.

We were on a Winjet at 5:00 pm, (PDC - CZM), and the line at the ticket booth was pretty long. I was concerned because they still had the notice in the window that capacity was limited to 50%. The sign is meaningless, as ridership was closer to 80 - 85%.

What's the current tourism status for QR? Link to official site?

What's the current tourism status for QR? Link to official site?

Not sure what you're looking for - Pedro's Facebook page and I hear he has a Twitter page too, that's really where we get official info. Cruise ships keep getting pushed back although I think right now there might be some scheduled November but that may have been cancelled, it seems they cancel a month at a time....

Basically, we're open at 60% - our contamination level has dropped back to pre opening levels.

Sorry, there's no option to push one for English - it seems that all government websites are built in a way that normal translations do not work...

Pedro Joaquin D

122133923_2864507273770815_5845328621444293718_o.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom