Cozumel for junior open water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting thread. I was just in Coz and I heard constant comments about how the deeper dives were boring with less sea life. Each of the dives is interesting for its own reasons but honestly if my wife and I were on the boat and we were asked to double shallow dives I would probably agree. Double shallow all week, probably not. But for a single 2 tank, sure.

Maybe the deep dive people should get the private DMs? :)

Food for thought....

My 13 y.o. daughter did her first post training dives last summer in Playa del Carmen. Not exactly Cozumel, but just across from it on the mainland. We notified the shop in advance and dove their afternoon shallow dives. She had a great time and it wasn't too difficult for her.

Hi,

My teen did some of her first dives in Cozumel--not right after certification but early in her dive career. We stuck with mostly shallower dives, but even they had current, so they were not as simple as a no-current dive. We went with with two shops that both operate small boats and pick the dives to suit the experience level of the divers--very relaxed and safety-conscious:

Scuba With Alison: Scuba Dive Cozumel | ScubaWithAlison

Pelagic Ventures: Home | Pelagic Ventures Scuba

I forgot to mention why private DM is important is with a private DM, even on dives like all the palancar and columbia dives down south, the JR can stay up top of the dive sites at 60' while the group goes to 80-90 then join up as they come up. Works out really well.

Back
Top Bottom