Cozumel in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rustydiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
New guy here. Will be in Cozumel in August.

Was doing research for the trip and ran across this site. Just wanted to say that I got some great info on Cozumel here. Thanks!

Have been down there 3 times in the past but the last trip was in 1996 and I know things have changed quite a bit.

Will be staying at the FA for 6 days. My last trips I stayed at the Plaza Las Glorias (looks like that has changed) La Ciba and Casa del Mar. Read some good reviews on FA so decided to give it a try. The wife has never been there, so hope she likes it as well as I do.

I, too, lament the loss of PLG -- it was a special place. How can you have anything other than a great time in Cozumel?! Enjoy!

Welcome Rustydiver! Of the 3 places I've stayed in Coz, FA is my favorite. As long as you keep your expectations in check you and your wife will have a wonderful time.

Welcome Rustydiver! Of the 3 places I've stayed in Coz, FA is my favorite. As long as you keep your expectations in check you and your wife will have a wonderful time.

Thanks for the input! Anything going on at FA, construction or the like? Anyone that has been there in the last few weeks please comment.

Thanks again!

Welcome back Rustydiver! Indeed Cozumel has changed a bit since the 1990s, but the water is still amazing. We come back to Coz consistently because you simply cannot beat the quality of the diving for the overall price for most of the year, excluding high season. Enjoy and safe diving to you!

Also staying at FA in August for 10 days. Moved from staying at Residencias Reef Club b/c of the pier fee. Have stayed at FA many times and you will enjoy it. Have a great time.

Also staying at FA in August for 10 days. Moved from staying at Residencias Reef Club b/c of the pier fee. Have stayed at FA many times and you will enjoy it. Have a great time.

First time at FA so, looking forward to checking it out. I used to live in Tulsa. Lived at the Marina Apts for a couple years then moved out to Owasso.

The Fiesta American is a good place and as far as i know they have nothing going on as far as construction goes, just had some friends staying there the other day and said it was good, the a/c worked great and the food was good and they were remodeling nothing. Enjoy the island. Don't forget the other side of the island for the beaches and beers after diving:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom