Cozumel or Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc:
I've only been to Cozumel 5 times, so I have some catching up to do, eh?
I think Dee is somewhere in the middle of my 5 and your 18.
Looks like I'll over lap with you. I'll be there December 5th this year again.
So, PSinNYC: Which did you choose?

Cozumel wins my vote.

With only 16 trips to La Isle, I'll also agree with Doc's remembrance of Devil's Throat. It's one of my favoite sites. Heck, anything south of Palancar can be considered favorites!

Go ahead Doc...get carried away some more! :thumb:

We like Coz better, by far! However, if you go to New Providence, I suggest you avoid Stuart Cove and the other larger dive shops. Stuart Cove, especially, reminds me of a factory for stamping out scuba dives--the crews have a time schedule to meet and the customers better not get in the way!

Now, I do agree, though, that his Shark Adventure is worth doing once or twice!

But,if you do go to New Providence, let me recommend Custom Aquatics. Fran and Monty charter their boat and charge $350 per day. So, if three folks are diving, the cost is about the same as an "ordinary" dive shop. And they have drinks, snacks, lots of room, personal service, and diving until your gauge says, "Go back!" And, if you want to do a shark dive without the feeding part, they will take you to where the blacktips roam. Plus, you can snorkel between dives or just chat with Monty and Fran about fish ID's, etc.

A Fish Who Only Its Mother Could Love, Scorpionfish

Ask me in 6 weeks. I've been to Cozumel three time and absolutely loved it. I'm doing the Bahamas(Stuart Cove's) in 5 weeks.

This is an easy one. North Caribbean Sea in October has more risk of hurricanes and wind than in November. I lived in Nassau one winter and can't forget the palms being bent over from the wind (in December). You can only go last minute to the Caribbean in October or early November.

I actually prefer the reefs around Nassau to Cozumel for some excellent diving and snorkeling. Going out every weekend, I found Balmoral Island and the North reefs a pleasure to dive in. Since the question did not specify which of the 500 plus islands in the Bahamas was being considered, this is a difficult question. Eleuthera, and, (I have read and been told) Andros and Exuma, and San Salvador, are for example pristine and great diving. You just can't compare Cozumel to those islands.

In fact most of the people prefering Cozumel to the Bahamas have actually no clue as to what is in the Bahamas.

Cozumel, of course is famous for the drift diving, which you don't get in Nassau, if that is what you want, go for it.

Since both are good, the Cenotes in Cancun is an incredible experience...............Cosumel, here we come!!!!!!!!

I dove both and there is no comparison - Cozumel all the way!

Having been to both Cozumel and the Bahamas, I'd have to recommend Cozumel anyday. The visiblity was much better in my experience, and EVERYTHING is cheaper, MUCH MUCH cheaper in Cozumel. Cozumel is by far my favorite spot.

crispos:
This is an easy one.

>snip<

In fact most of the people prefering Cozumel to the Bahamas have actually no clue as to what is in the Bahamas.
...and seconded by me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom