Cozumel Palace P/U

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttriton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Do all/most dive ops p/u at Cozumel Palace? Haven't heard to much good about onsite dive op. Looking at going in October.

Thanks

All of the dive ops that come from north of the Palace will absolutely pick up there and many of the others will, as well. You'll have a difficult time choosing from all of the options available to you!

I read "P/U" a different way and fully expected this to be a poor review of the Palace.

On-site dive op is inflexible cattle boat op more suited to running cruise ship dives IMO. Anyone who picks up downtown should pick up at the Palace without hesitation. Only benefit of on-site dive op is they have lockers in their shop by the dock, but plenty of dive ops will store the gear for you and moot that issue.

I stayed at the Palace as a solo diver in 2009 and 2010 the first year I dove with Scuba with Alison and it was not worth the extra cost to go north from the Caleta marina where her boat is moored so I had to take a cab to and from the Caleta each day. Really liked diving with Alison so it was worth the added cost of cab fare. The next year I dove with BlueXTsea and they come from the north so they picked my up each day. Really liked diving with them as well. We stayed at The Occidental Grand this past May because the rates at the Palace had gone up. My non-diving spouse liked the grounds at the OG but I preferred the Palace as I thought the AI food was better plus you can walk to town from there or take a much cheaper cab ride than way south at the OG.

Gaffer

I just returned from the Palace 2 weeks ago. I can say that Blue Angel picked me up every day, but they were also picking up a few next door at El Cantil, as well. It s worth checking with them.

Although I did not use the on site dive op for diving, I did go on a snorkeling trip with them using resort credit. I was not impressed with their service on that trip and did not waste my time using my resort credit for any "free" dive trips.

Regarding the Palace, great service, nice accommodation, and was impressed overall.

I just returned from the Palace 2 weeks ago. I can say that Blue Angel picked me up every day, but they were also picking up a few next door at El Cantil, as well. It s worth checking with them.

Although I did not use the on site dive op for diving, I did go on a snorkeling trip with them using resort credit. I was not impressed with their service on that trip and did not waste my time using my resort credit for any "free" dive trips.

Regarding the Palace, great service, nice accommodation, and was impressed overall.

Uh, did I miss it or was that your trip report?:D

Patiently Waiting.

Josh,
A trip report could be coming in the near future....

Cool. Don't get lazy on me and forget the photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom