Cozumel Photo -- Show me your Batfish!!! (like a challenge?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Let's make it hard. Show your Cozumel Batfish:

Coz 022012 366.jpg

Feb 2012

2 batfish? one picture? Seriously? I bow down to you.:surrender::worship: I was lead to believe they were pretty rare in Coz. :cool3:

Seeing cardzard's photo makes me wonder if they're actually rare, or just really difficult to spot. Awesome pic, and you can now consider me on the lookout!

Mine was hanging in the grass patch a Paraíso early before where the seahorse was hanging out. They do seem hard to spot. I did my typical, "What? I don't see anything. What are you pointing at? What? I still don't.... OH THAT!"

Very cool!

At last years Scuba board Cozumel invasion they had a photo contest and they printed out a list of subjects, it was an underwater scavenger hunt with different fish and stuff on it that you had to get a picture of, I'd been going to Cozumel for a long time prior and when reading the list, I was like.. huh? never seen one of those... never seen one of those... never seen one of those here...

The nice thing about the invasion was it was a social thing too so over the course of the week talking to other divers and the photo contest list would come up and it was always interesting to find out who had seen what on the list, things you'd think were almost impossible to find or had never seen you'd have people who had seen them, some of them would even whip out a camera or a computer and show you there pictures of them. It was pretty cool what is there and it was also cool as the week went along to see what people were taking pictures of, really opened my eyes to how much is there and it can be seen. Thanks to that contest I even ended up finding a couple of things I'd never seen there before. These bat fish pictures remind me of that, as I'd never seen one before and then somebody saw one on a dive and got a picture of it and I was like, well there you go!

Back
Top Bottom