Cozumel Photos - Blue Angel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddawson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We spent the week of July 19-26, 2013 in Cozumel at the Blue Angel Hotel and the associated dive shop. This was our second trip to Cozumel, but it felt like the first time because it had been ten years since we hade been there. Frankly, I did not know what I was doing on my first trip to Cozumel, so I did not plan it well. As a result, I am came away with a wrong view of Cozumel diving. I have already booked a return trip for May 2014; hence, you can tell that my opinion has changed.

I will post the trip report when we get it done. But it might be a while.

You can check out our Photo Album from our July 2013 trip at
Cozumel 2013 Photo Gallery by kimdawson at pbase.com

Photos were taken with a Canon 7D (Canon 60mm and 100mm macro lenses, Tokina 10-17mm fish-eye lens, dual Inon Z240 strobes, and Aquatica housing).

Great photos and excellent processing. Do you normally shoot in Adobe RGB for your workflow?

very nice

Excellent photos! Thanks for sharing. You are making me anxious for my own trip to Blue Angel in less than 4 weeks.

I realize that you edited the CR2's but I'm curious as to why you shoot in Adobe RGB vs sRGB. I know the choice has no effect to the CR2's & if you don't use the jpg's (or maybe don't even create jpg's at all) what's the reasoning? Just curious.

Yes, you are correct; we don't use the captured jpegs at all.
We only make jpegs from the edited raw photos for posting on pbase.

Wow. Makes me want to crack the seal on my camera at depth... Wow.

Maybe there is something to this shooting the RAW. Next time I will leave the swim trunks on the boat and see if my pictures improve.

Awesome pics!!!! If you don't shoot in RAW...it's a cardinal sin. I might have to disown you Chief.... :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom