Cozumel, two weeks, mid-October 2013 (just a few weeks)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Derail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Trying to book something...aren't any of the hotels with sandy beaches?
Was suggested the Cozumel Palace, but it's a rocky shore.

The Plaza now has a bad rap with last July's invasion...

I really want an AI, to visit for a bit, before going back next July with friends & family for our wedding.

There are now many direct flights from Montreal to Cozumel, making it ideal. Our Canadian dollar is strong in Mexico.

À l'aide !!!

(well to be fair Bryan Cunningham is being a great help)

The Presidente Hotel has a beach, it is an all inclusive, not bad but a bit old, I have not stayed there for a long while.

I like the "B" hotel but no beach there, check it out www.hotelbcozumel.com

Just for the record I'm in no way involved with the hotel, I just like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added September 1st, 2013 at 11:18 PM ----------

Forgot to mention, the sandy beaches are on the east side of the island and there are no hotels and I would not recommend swimming there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Presidente is not an all inclusive! It's a beautiful hotel, one of the nicest on the island. It can get expensive if you eat there. The food is great. The Plaza? Not sure what hotel you are referring to, I thought Invasion was at Hotel Cozumel! No big white sandy beach there anyway. Secrets, the Occedential Grand would both work I'd you requirement was a beach and AI.

The El Cid has AI available and a sandy beach.....ok the sandy beach is very small, but it is there and in the several weeks I was there it was never crowded. It is located on the cruise ship side of the restaurant.

The Occidental Grand has a nice sandy beach, AI and Dive Palancar on site. Haven't stayed there myself but seen it and met people staying there who were enjoying it.

All three southern AIs have well developed and accessible large white coral sand beaches and adjacent undeveloped beaches if you prefer. We particularly enjoy the Occidental Grand. The Allegro attracts a younger hard partying set and food and facilities are a star less. I have heard good things about the Iberostar but have never tried it as they seem to be very unfriendly to outside dive ops.

I land on the 17th, when are you going exactly?

All three southern AIs have well developed and accessible large white coral sand beaches and adjacent undeveloped beaches if you prefer. We particularly enjoy the Occidental Grand. The Allegro attracts a younger hard partying set and food and facilities are a star less. I have heard good things about the Iberostar but have never tried it as they seem to be very unfriendly to outside dive ops.
All three? I count at least five:

Iberostar
Secrets
Sunscape
Occidental Grand
Allegro

Allegro attracts a younger hard partying set and food and facilities are a star less.

The Allegro shut this weekend for two months refurbishing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom