Cozumel-When is the best time to visit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kccpa

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm brand new to your forum and I'm extremely excited that I've found this website!

What I'm interested in finding out is what you all would consider the best time to visit Cozumel? What are the peak travel periods? Is there a time when the water clarity is better than others...or is it clear year round?

Any and all info is welcome!

Thanks in advance!!

Kathy

kccpa:
Hi all,

I'm brand new to your forum and I'm extremely excited that I've found this website!

What I'm interested in finding out is what you all would consider the best time to visit Cozumel? What are the peak travel periods? Is there a time when the water clarity is better than others...or is it clear year round?

Any and all info is welcome!

Thanks in advance!!

Kathy

IMO Anytime is a good time to visit Coz. Probably May & June are 2 of the better months. Slows down, it's after all the northers have quit blowing and before hurricane season is in full swing. November is considered another good month to travel there.

Peak would probably be Dec through April.

The clarity is constant except for the occasional storm but clears up in a few days usually.

today, tomorrow, the day after... anytime.

summers have the remote possibility of a tropical storm; are hot and humid; have warmer water (84 degrees); and low season prices.

winters have the possibility of wind/rain storms; are warm and humid; have cooler water (78 degrees); and high season prices.

IMHO you won't be disappointed no matter when you go.

ANYTIME is the BEST time

April 15th to Jun21st.....Last day of high season-first day of summer.....
Oct to December 24th- Start of low season......................
June and Sept are the rainiest months.

Welcome to the board.
Suzanne

Back
Top Bottom