Cozumel: which dive ops pick up at cruise ship docks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timetraveler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My buddy and I will be on the Carnival Valor for its May 21 stop in Cozumel. We don't want to use Carnival's dive excursion. We'd like to locate a good dive op that is happy to work with cruise ship passengers and would be willing to pick us up at or near the cruise ship dock. Any suggestions?

Be carefull ith what you are trying. We had some friends that tried what you did and becaue of an issue wasnt able to get back to the ship in time before they left. They had to fly themselves to Belieze to catch the ship. On Carnival's excursions, they wont leave you behind because it was one of there excursions.

I don't think any dive op besides the ship's op is able to pick up at the cruise ship due to security measures. The best thing to do would be contact whichever op you are using and have them meet you at the Caleta marina (not sure of the cab price, usually $7-9) with all of the equipment you need. Let them know your BCD, fin, wet suit size etc. It will greatly cut down on time. Also, if you can, have them send you the release forms beforehand, that way, it's all filled out, and you can just hand it to the DM when you get to the boat. I work for Carnival and use an outside dive op most of the time. Since I am crew, I'm not allowed off the ship until most of the guests are off, and usually have enough time left after a dive day for fajitas and a beer at fat tuesdays before back on board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom