Cozumel's positive side

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Each of my favorite vacation destinations share two things: A great variety of new things to see and do and the freedom to meet and talk with locals. Cozumel has both in spades, which is really something considering its small size and population and how hard everyone here works.

Cozumel can't be "done" in a week -- that's just not possible, so people who have a good time here want to come back and do more. I hear this every day from visitors and I love that!

And it is very easy for tourists because of the laid-back attitude, excellent service, abundance of multilingual residents, wonderful food, personal safety, and fairly low cost.

While Cozumel is no longer one of my vacation destinations, I still cry every time I have to leave it and am as excited as a first-time tourist to return!

Now, this is my kind of thread.

I wouldn't even know where to start. More accurately, I wouldn't know where to stop.

Suffice it to say that common wisdom around the hospital is never to mention Cozumel around me unless you have plenty of time to spare for that conversation.

We have been averaging about 3-4 weeks a year for the last few years on Cozumel and it still is never enough time to do all of things we want. My only option to feel accomplished in Coz would be to not sleep. But then that brings up the problem that I wouldn't get well rested on vacation, such problems. Maybe I should seek grant money to go to Cozumel to study Maximization of Time Procedures while in Cozumel and then publish my findings for the greater good. PM me if you are interested in the methodology of the study or you wish to contribute to the study. Diving, eating, beach time, relaxing, dinner, evening drinks, visiting with friends, and sight seeing in a non rushed manner, just proves to be to much to do each day.

I keep returning because on any given day any untrained fool like me with a camera, can take these.

Oh, and the beer at this townsquare restaurant, with the yellow table cloths, is always ice cold.

LOL, its funny you call it the restaurant with the yellow table cloths because my wife and I can never remember the name of the place so we call it the restaurant with the yellow table cloths!

it's great to see all of the posts about how great Cozumel is. I have never been diving in Cozumel, but want to soon. I have friends with a house on the mainland near Playa, and have been diving there (with great experiences), but never made it to Coz. It is tough to justify the cost of a hotel room, when I have a free place to stay so close :)

I hope most readers are like me and take the other negative threads with a grain of salt.

I enjoy hanging out at the Barracuda after a awesome day of diving. Relaxing, watching the boats on the sea act out their daily play and trying to decided which great restaurant is going to make a wonderful meal for us that night.

PH

This is a great thread, we often get too many negative postings on SB.
As I've read through the postings I had to restrain myself from "Liking" each and ever one of them.
I thought about coping all the great posts and merge them into mine and just add "Wet Wendy" best drinks and Poppers I have ever had.
Paul

Cozumel was my first diving trip after I got certified. I loved it. The current on some dives scared me a bit (I was a brand-new diver), but with so many divers in the water I was never far from somebody. I dive to see reefs and creatures, and both were spectacular. I particularly remember all the turtles, really big ones. I've not been back, but that's because there are so many places to go, and only one lifetime to do them in, and diving is only one of the activities I enjoy.

I've lived in Mexico, and I love the country, the language, and the people. Cozumel is definitely one of the great places.

OK, CZ you got diving, so I have.... wait for it.... FOOD.

El Moro -Terrific Mole and Ray.
Kinta - Food Network 'Fancy' on a Denny's budget. Nothing like a meal in the garden.
Del Sur -Just tried that. Who knew Argentina Empanadas were SO good?
La Perlita - Lionfish, the other white meat or Grouper without the guilt!
The Museum - Breakfast with a side of View!
Feel free to add on....

Kondesa - sister restaurant to Kinta...YUM!
Wet Wendys - great margaritas
Thirsty Cougar - Wet Wendys sister...lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom