Crappy ScubaPro Dealer "Advice"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several places that service all brands of regs. I am not at home right now & won't be for another week but I have the name/address/phone # of one I use every once in a while there. If you want the info, let me know & I'll get it to you when I get back.

As far as the dive shop you use, Yes, they are free to charge whatever they want to. I must say, though, that they sure don't act like they want to remain in business.

James

Try Corey at www.diverservices.com

He serviced several of my Mk20s for a reasonable price when the LDS decided to be a prick

ddown, would you happen to know what the LDS charges for non-SP service? Is the price the same as your MK16 service? You might know this already but SP's policy is that if you are the original owner and get your equipment serviced at it's regular intervals, the only thing you should have to pay for is the service and not the parts. On your MK20, that seems to be the arragement. As far as the 'SP customer is the LDS', if we stop and think about it, it's the equipment owner that's getting the break on the 'free parts' not the LDS. I don't disagree with you that $100 is steep when you are used to paying $50. But we should also look at what the price of other manufacturers equipment repair cost and try to compare apples and apples.

I had the same problem with Scubapro. I solved the problem by switching to Atomic Aquatics regulators. I have 3 M1 rigs (one traditional and a pair for doubles). GREAT regs, 2 year service interval (Z series one year), and no requirement to have the regs serviced based on the calendar to keep the warranty in force. Atomic's service interval is only "recommended", but you may wait and have them serviced when they really need it if you like. BTW- they don't freeze up like SP!

The solution is to dump BOTH the LDS and ScubaPro and TELL them that you are dumping them and why.
Also tell your friends and everyone you talk to.

As long as people continue to put up with this garbage it will continue.

For the regs you already own contact ScubaToys directly. They do lots of things that they cannot advertise online just because of this kind of garbage from the MFG.

wmspdi:
I had the same problem with Scubapro. I solved the problem by switching to Atomic Aquatics regulators. I have 3 M1 rigs (one traditional and a pair for doubles). GREAT regs, 2 year service interval (Z series one year), and no requirement to have the regs serviced based on the calendar to keep the warranty in force. Atomic's service interval is only "recommended", but you may wait and have them serviced when they really need it if you like. BTW- they don't freeze up like SP!

I'll second that, I have an M1 and absolutely love it! And for what its worth Atomic was started by a few disgruntled SP engineers so there are some similarities between the two in terms of design from what I undestand.

An Atomic reg will freeze up. I had mine freeze up in an Ice Diving class last year. I'm knocking Atomic I love mine.

I also think it is BS that you can't buy the service kits, unless you're a dealer. The diveshops can charge whatever they want for that?

Well My Mk 20 was bought used even though it was never Dove with mint never dove Balanced adjustable paid parts and Labor 78.00 fair price and you'd never hear me ***** about that. This reg is definatley used bought for a spare. and 100.00 just for the surcharge....that doesn't include parts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom