Crazy rashes after diving in lake Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its probably something you ate, than Lake Travis or your new wetsuit. I just got over a similar rash that stayed on my body for a good 3 weeks and it was from my neck all the way down to my ankles. The doc gave me some steroids for 5 days, which helped, but came back with a vengeance when I was off the medication. If it itches like crazy, pm me, I'll give you the name of this prescription strength cream that controls the itchiness.

i think i just need to wear lycra now... *sigh*

they do make rash guards to wear under your wetsuit they only cover your upper body.....you can also wear a skin under your wetsuit which is about the same thing as a rash guard....I used to wear a skin just to make it easier to get my suit on and off:D

I always wash my wetsuit in a very small amount of woolite...and usually take some with me when I travel

We have found the cheap under armour stuff at Wal-Mart works just as well as the U/A... It makes putting the wetsuit on easier...

Sub... Tell us more...

Sub... Tell us more...

Me thinks its the half dozen eggs I eat a day, that I've developed an allergic reaction to:) Also if I drink just a bottle of beer, hives appears on my legs -- lots of 'em. The cream the doc prescribed me is Pramosone -- thank god for prescription benefits.

Anyway, trying to identify what causes these hives is like finding a needle in a haystack. To the OP, once the rash is gone, you need to rule out your wetsuit and the Lake. Wear the wetsuit, if you get an allergic reaction then a lycra would be a good choice to wear underneath your wetsuit. If not, then go diving in Travis again. Another thing, best you go see an allergist. From what I hear, every time you get an allergic reaction, it gets progressively worse.

yungjeezle...
If you were diving near Hippie Hollow where all those Old Neckid' Natural Folks swim there is just no telling what kind of a rash you might come down with.

:D

I do a three part wash for my wetsuit.

First, a rinse in just plain water, then a rinse in a 4 part water/1 part baking soda solution, then a rinse in fresh water with a dryer sheet thrown in. I've never had any problems with my wetsuit smelling bad or giving me a rash, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than wetsuit shampoo.

Maybe your wetsuit is too tight? did you flood it with water before you started moving around underwater? I know my suit is snug enough that i have to force water in certain places or it stays dry for a while.

Don't listen to this guy.... He has a mohawk!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom