Creatine & DCS Prevention?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While my original question was to creatine helping to hold water, and thus retain one's ability to pre-hydrate, I like the responses so far...i find it interesting that there is such debate about the link with DCS and hydration....I in no way meant that each of us should avoid the other known preventive steps such as diving within NDL and conducting SS upon a slow and safe ascent, it was just to stimulate the idea of the relation between the two.

I can say that I usually bring a large gatorade drink to have between dives, and one before i start and one after done diving...i find that being hydrated just makes me feel better. I brought this topic up because I was talking to one of my buddies about our work out and he mentioned a new creatine he was trying and it made me think...i look forward to hearing more about this topic as the thread continues...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom