Crescent/Deadman's Reef 10/17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sapphire

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey SoCal divers,

Is anyone up for Deadman's on Sunday 10/17? So far a few of us are planning to meet at 7:30 AM at the south entrance of Crescent Bay. Hope to see more of you there :biggrin:!!

Jennifer

Is this still on, and is the invitation still open? If so, I'd like to join you.

Scot M:
Is this still on, and is the invitation still open? If so, I'd like to join you.

I'll be out there about 7:15, and everyone is welcome to join.

I will be there at the South entrance.

One dive or two?

We are thinking about two, Scot. Glad you can join us!

Jennifer

Sapphire, Scott M, and I will be at Shaw's Cove tomorrow morning.

Meet at 7:15-7:30

In the water at: 8am

Everyone is welcome to join us

:11: :11: IF IT RAIN OVERNIGHT :11: :11:

Pasley just told me that there is a storm drain in the area, the amount of bacteria should be enough to keep you home for a coupple of weeks!

THIS DIVE WILL BE CANCELLED

It's raining very hard in Riverside right now (hard enough to wake me up) and the radar shows OC getting the same. I'm going to shut off my alarm clock and sleep in.

The "don't swim after it rains" thing was a new one to me. However, the county and Surfrider both recommend staying out of the ocean for 72 hours, especially after a first storm after a dry spell. I'm going to read further, but I'm inclined toward caution for now.

Due to the rain gods, unfortuanately we have to cancel the dive. Surf/Dive reports have not been updated as of my posting, but I see 3 foot waves according to the CDIP chart.

Enjoy your Sunday, I'm taking my ATV's out for some MUD.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom