Cressi Fins, three questions please:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Noble Metal

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Three Cressi fin questions, What is the difference between the Cressi Gara 2000’s and the Cressi Gara 3000 HF’s (HF’s being stiffer than the 3000 LD’s.) What is the companies purpose and difference in the above two fins?; 2000’s to 3000 HF’s? And, as of Sept. 2009, are these fins and the Gara 3000 LD’s still all running one size big? So if I am a size 8-9, do I order all these in 7-8’s? And I think I’d like to stay barefoot, is the foot-pockets BEAUTIFUL in use and comfort even though in measurement it seems a little low at the heal? With no experience yet except web surfing, sometimes I think I wish I had a Mares foot-pocket with a Cressi blade:eek:) (I am going to use one of the above for surface swimming at times, and to 35 meter max in spear fishing, I am strong, swim like a fish, and I am in warm water in the Philippines, and THANK You Very very much, Noble Metal.)

Noble M,

Cressi fins are good products - designed and changed over time.

I've used all of the Cressi fins with the exception of the Professional.

Gara 2000 - good all around fin, still wear them for scuba. Decent for freediving and inexpensive. Too good of a fin to discontinue.

Gara 3000 - (HF) - like the design, but these were too stiff for me, even with plenty of break in time. Super leg divers will like these. The early models were not consistent in stiffness. Have not seen new ones since they are no longer sold in the USA.

Gara 3000 LD - better flex for the average freediver. Good flex on the blade tip makes it better than the 2000. Reasonable price.

I find the foot pockets to be true to size. Barefoot I wear the 10-11, and have a size 11D shoe. Very comfortable.
You should fit the 8-9.

For serious freediving I've moved to C4 Falcon carbon fiber fins. I'd like to try the Professionals.

Chad

Last edited:
Three Cressi fin questions, What is the difference between the Cressi Gara 2000’s and the Cressi Gara 3000 HF’s (HF’s being stiffer than the 3000 LD’s.) What is the companies purpose and difference in the above two fins?; 2000’s to 3000 HF’s? And, as of Sept. 2009, are these fins and the Gara 3000 LD’s still all running one size big? So if I am a size 8-9, do I order all these in 7-8’s? And I think I’d like to stay barefoot, is the foot-pockets BEAUTIFUL in use and comfort even though in measurement it seems a little low at the heal? With no experience yet except web surfing, sometimes I think I wish I had a Mares foot-pocket with a Cressi blade:eek:) (I am going to use one of the above for surface swimming at times, and to 35 meter max in spear fishing, I am strong, swim like a fish, and I am in warm water in the Philippines, and THANK You Very very much, Noble Metal.)

At depths like these you'll need good launch from the bottom, especially if you're wearing a wetsuit. That would point to a stiffer fin.

It's been years since I strapped on some Cressi's, but I'd prefer them over Mares. Footpockets are definitely different among brands - for example, Picasso has a wider foot pocket than Omer.

Like Chad, I'd love to give the Professionals a try. A friend has dove them and reported that they felt nice but didn't have the low-tempo efficiency of Falcons.

All the best, James

I have the 3000 LD. Love them. I wear a size 10 shoe, and the 8-9 is a perfect fit - you would think that they molded them to my feet.

The 10-11 were too long for me. Unfortunately I found out the hard way - I mail-ordered them and still have them. They felt like a good fit on land but there was some slop when I kicked in the water. It'd be nice if you could find a store that carries them. Good luck.

Got the Cressi GARA 3000 LD's --like 'em alot.

Been drooling over the C4's for a while now... maybe next season!

C4.jpg

You won't regret it! I added 15 meters just by switching to C4's from Dessaults.

Al the best, James

Men, and any ladies, the manila Philippine store is out of stock for the moment of Gara 2000's, and has never carried the 3000 LD's. What is a good company in price and shipping if I order a pair of 3000 LD's abroad, to the Philippines, and THANKS U ALL...

I bought mine at Leisurepro. Last time I checked, they were about $115. No idea what shipping would be. Another option would be to check online shops in Hong Kong.

I plan to go to the Philippines in April 2010, but that's a looooong wait for you. They might be rusted by then. :)

On eBay you can sometimes find them for about 90-100

And they tend to be mildly used as well :)

Back
Top Bottom