Cressi gara professional ld heel slip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again for the feedback. Fyi I spent about 2 hours with them yesterday, overall I really enjoyed the fit and feel. Speed is exhilarating the first 30 mi. I was amazed that the water could feel like wind through my hair. Adrenaline rush like running a race for the first time. I really think everyone should try them once.

Because I only have 2 months worth of diving...i think unfortunetly, ill be returning them to invest in a more agile fin for now. Im on a fixed budget otherwise I would keep them and split my dives. I found that as exhilartating as the speed was it felt a little to limiting to only have the low gear so to speak and for my skill level i lack agility with them. Ill be trying hollis f1 next before returning to a split fin. With more experiance and extra budget I will defenetly return to a free dive fin someday ,without question, just no replacment for the speed they offer.

The Hollis fins are good fins...far better than splits.... But what was wrong with the agility of the Cressi's? There is a technique you would learn over several days of diving, and quicker if you could find someone to mentor you. You can have great control with freediving fins--you can frog kick, you can hover motionless, you can learn to essentially shift gears by changing kick shape, almost like having 3 or 4 actual gears, to optimize effort, speed and control.
They are NOT great at reverse kicks, but unless you are a cave diver, or doing exploration level penetrations deep into shipwrecks, it is unlikely you would ever miss the reverse kick--given the superiority of everything else the freedive fins will do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom