Cressi-Sub Horizon - Skirt Type???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...has anyone used both the Big Eyes and the Horizon for comparison? Which did you prefer? Was the fit the same?

The big eyes is a bit bigger but I couldnt tell the difference between them when I tried them both on.....both had good fit. Ended up going with the Big Eyes and replacing the strap.
:cheers:

Dr. Jay once bubbled...
Said something about "light entering through the front isn't filtered out the sides" and causes vision problems/distortion.

I dive with a Horizon that has a black skirt - I haven't noticed any problems with distortion. Of course, I only use the side panels (which are very small, BTW) to glance through - so I am not really actively trying to LOOK out of the side panels. Kind of just a quick check to make sure my buddy is still where I think he is.

I also tried the Big Eyes at the same time I tried the Horizon - I don't recall that there was that much of a difference between the two, both of them fit me really well. I can't recall what the deciding factor in favor of the Horizon was, though.

I paid about $45 for mine at a shop here - and am rapidly realizing what a DEAL I got (especially as shops like to tack on an added percentage because we are in the middle of nowhere) - an LDS charging $100 for it is scary. :eek:

Titletowndiver once bubbled...
The big eyes is a bit bigger but I couldnt tell the difference between them when I tried them both on.....both had good fit. Ended up going with the Big Eyes and replacing the strap.
:cheers:
What was wrong with the strap :confused:. My Horizon should be arriving by Thurs. Is the strap too weak? The LDS where I tried it on had no straps on the masks.

I have the Big Eyes with a clear skirt, and I would buy it again, but definitely with a black skirt...the clear skirt is now an unpleasant shade of brown, my husband has a blak skirt on his mask and whenever I have tried it I have noticed no problems with peripheral vision....the big eyes is a great mask! :snorkel:

Got my Horizon today with the black skirt!

This thing is N I C E !

It seals great to my face, and the field of view is amazing compared to my old "tunnel-vision". It seemed sooooo comfortable when it was on. I can't wait to try it this weekend at Boynton.

Back
Top Bottom