Cressi Travel Light BCD Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajo007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I consider purchasing a Cressi Travel Light BCD, but before I go out and spend then I would like to hear if any of you have experience with this particular BCD either good or bad.

Yes I bought the Cressi Travel Light, and I’m very happy with it. I bought it because I travel thousands of miles every year where I want to minimise the weight and volume. It is foldable with lock straps and can be packed in its own soft bag the size of a supermarket shopping plastic bag so you can take it as cabin baggage if you wish. As for all products it has pluses and minuses; however I find that the plus side outweighs the minuses with a large margin.

On the plus side:
Light weight approx. 2kg
Foldable in its own soft bag
2 large utility pockets
Plenty of D-rings and attachments
Integrated weights
2 tank straps
Snug soft fit
The prize is a under $400

On the minus side:
The lifting capacity is roughly one size under e.g. a medium size will have the same lift in lbs as most other BCD small size have, for comparison medium size Cressi Travel Light = 20.2 lbs, whereas small size Cressi Mens Aquaride BCD = 22.5 lbs, so you will be hanging low at the surface, you will just have your head above water, but that is something I can live with.

My GF also have the Cressi Travel Light and same story as me she is very happy with this BCD.

If you do a lot of travelling then I would recommend this BCD.

Would love to find out if anyone has used their Air travel bc yet. Similar to the travel one but back inflate.

Hi, I'm new here and am looking for a travel BCD. Did you ever hear about the Air Travel? I'm concerned about lift too as I carry a heavy camera in the water.

Thanks,

WanderingBob

Hi, I'm new here and am looking for a travel BCD. Did you ever hear about the Air Travel? I'm concerned about lift too as I carry a heavy camera in the water.

Thanks,

WanderingBob

It's only just now hitting the sotres in the US so will be a while before there are reviews.
I decided to just pick up an oxycheq ultralite plate for my mach v wing. Will use the DR transplate harness. Had been using the wing with a transpac but will now sell that off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom