Critter Wish List

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim:
I would really like to see a Sea Horse........and a dolphin!

I would like to see a Sea Horse Too, Plenty of looking but no sea horse.

I would like to see whale sharks, more eagle rays and I think I would like to see a killer Whale.

I would like: Whale Shark
Manta (Gigantos)
Pelagic sharks
Flambouyant Cuttlefish
Whale of any species
A squadron of Eagle Rays
Orcas
Frog & Leaf fish
dolphins
Sea Dragons
The only sightings I have seen off this list while diving but would love to see again are a sighting of a large Manta off Little Cayman, and Minke Whales in Australia, plus a good number of sharks of different species at many locations with the most exotic to us was the 12 to 14 ft. Raggle Tooth off South Africa near Sodwanna bay.

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

1. Whale Shark
2. Giant Manta (Anytime in general, but feeding at night would be ideal.)
3. Various Turtles
4. Various Moray Eels (Anytime, but I really want to see them while they're out hunting at night.)
5. Large Grouper
6. Reef Sharks (Again, while they're out hunting at night.)

In the meantime, and where I'm new to diving, I'll settle for a stoplight parrotfish, some blue chromis, and some wrasses at a cleaning station. My wife and I had a chance to watch one of these cleaning stations while we were waiting our turn to perfrom a skill during OW training. Fascinating to watch.

On one of the other dives we saw a large moray (probably sleeping), a medium sized barracuda (parallelled us until it realized we were watching him), and a spectacular spotted eagle ray that swam up the reef, checked us out, and then continued on it's way. That one dive made me decide that somewhere somehow I have definitely got to buy/borrow/rent a decent underwater camera. (And then hope for the best from there. :wink: )

Poseidon8118:
The elusive trouser trout has always been hard to pin down and photograph for me. Sorry couldn't resist. I would like to photograph the prehistoric "Spoonbill Paddle Fish".

We have them in one of our quarries here, so if you're ever in the area, stop by! :)

Well, checked the manatees off of my life list a couple of times. I've seen dolphins from a boat once, would like to see them in the water. Humpbacks & sperm whales rank right up there. Seahorses and Sea Dragons. Probably the one thing I've always dreamed of seeing are hammerheads. I've always loved them. I see hammerheads, everything else is gravy.

Oceanic White Tips
Thresher Sharks
Blue Sharks
Mola Mola (underwater...have seen them from the surface)
Schooling Hammerheads (have only seen a solitary HH)
Blue Whale (While we're looking at the big stuff...!)
Dugong
Mimic Octopus
Ghost pipefish

Back
Top Bottom