Croatia???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ciao LIdiveGirl,
my 2 cents.
I live one hour driving from Croatia, so I often go diving there.
My favorite close spot (I mean I can go there for a 1 day trip)
is sv.Marina, near Rabac. 2 beautiful and colorful walls down to 50 meters.
Best site in North Adriatic: Cutin near the island of Cherso (Cres).
Wall down to 55 with red gorgonias (don't know the spelling in English, sorry bout that). AMAZING. Cherso has other beautiful divesites.
If you are interested in wrecks, well you have a good choice, especially from WWII.
From Puntizela, in front of Brioni islands (Istria) you can have a week end with 4 different wrecks.
Going South, well Kornati (Incoronate) Islands, Curzola (Korcula), Lissa (Vis).
You can find some threads on that.
Caveat: this is definitely not the best period to come, as far as weather condition are regarded. Two days ago Bora (cold wind coming from Siberia) was blowing at 120km/h
here in Trieste, and 240 twohundredandforty km/h on the island of Pag. Know what I mean.
What kind of "stories" are you looking for?

ciao

I worked in Kosovo for two years and loved diving in Croatia. I dove the wreck of the SS Baron Gautsch with a dive shop in Rovinj Croatia named Sport Divers. It was a well run trip and very inexpensive. If anyone gets the chance - go.

I worked in Kosovo for two years and loved diving in Croatia. I dove the wreck of the SS Baron Gautsch with a dive shop in Rovinj Croatia named Sport Divers. It was a well run trip and very inexpensive. If anyone gets the chance - go. I really liked my "Croatian Diving License" required by the government.

CaveDiverJeff:
I worked in Kosovo for two years and loved diving in Croatia. I dove the wreck of the SS Baron Gautsch with a dive shop in Rovinj Croatia named Sport Divers. It was a well run trip and very inexpensive. If anyone gets the chance - go. I really liked my "Croatian Diving License" required by the government.

The last time I dove in Croatia was during the summer 2003. I stayed on the Island of Losinj (where I have a house and where I go since I was born).
The dive site we went to were Susak and Srakane + a local wreck and local reef.

Around the Island of Losinj, there are plenty of nice dive sites and wrecks....

Erik

I have merged two threads that were on the same topic. As a result of this I had to edit or delete some of the posts.
coming back to the main topic - as i said before Croatia is great for diving but a bit too expensive.
Mania

http://korcula.net/

This is my place, one British guy has diving center there and also one Austrian... is preety cheep accommodations here... but I belive is to far for You Americans to come here... Mostly Italians come here, but they are not to much intrest in diving... they prefer pasta over the diving :).

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/ --there is also some nice post about it, go on THORNTREE.

well if u get to speak to the right ppl i thinkthey can arrange some cheaper accomadation as it is off season happy diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom