Cruise: Check or carry on gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDuane:
On the Carnival Cruise I took in January I carried my Regs, Computers and Camera in a roller carry on. I did take my knife which cruise security held for me during the cruise. I simply called down before I left my stateroom and notified security that I would be down with my gear and will need my knife when I disembark. It really wasn't too much of a pain to have to do this.
DiverDuane
I can see where it wouldn't be a total pain, but whenever I've checked my knife (in a BC pocket), it has delivered with the rest of my checked gear to the cabin (sort of, see next paragraph). Royal Caribbean either didn't notice it, or didn't care when I ran my BC (including knife) through the X-ray when returning to the ship. I'd prefer to do that rather than leave it with security; knowing me, I'd probably forget to reclaim it when leaving. :D

I don't have a problem checking everything but reg and computer (same procedure as flying) though on my last cruise we did find the bags just sitting in the elevator lobby on our deck, and ended up just hauling them back to the stateroom from there.

highlandfarmwv:
A friend told me he would carry ALL his bags on cruise ship from now on because the people that carry their own bags get to check out at the end of the cruise hours earlier than the others.
highlandfarmwv

On the ships I've been on, it's been possible to do this regardless of whether you check your bags when embarking. Just don't check your bags and leave them in the hall the night before disembarking, and you can pretty much leave when you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom