Cruise-San Juan, Dominica, Barbados, etc...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We will be in San Juan May 6-10; Carnival Destiny May 11th-18; Back in San Juan May 18-21. Anyone else going on thie cruise that can offer scuba advise in PR or at one of our ports?? We plan on rock-climbing while in Puerto Rico also..any must sees??

1 San Juan, Puerto Rico 10:00pm

2 St. Thomas, USVI 7:00am 5:00pm

3 Dominica 10:00am 6:00pm

4 Barbados 8:00am 5:00pm

5 St. Lucia, WI 8:00am 5:00pm

6 Antigua 8:00am 6:00pm

7 St Kitts, WI 7:00am 4:00pm

8 San Juan, Puerto Rico 7:00am

Hi Steve,

We were on the Destiny for the week of Feb 3 to the 10th with a slightly different itinerary; no St. Lucia or Antigua, went to La Romana in the DR instead.

We did a two tank dive in St. Kitts. Our operator was Kenneth Samuel of Kenneth's Dive Center. We booked through the Carnival Shore Excursions but I think you can use Shoretrips or just contact him directly. I was happy with the state of his boat and gear, his dive instructions and his attitude toward dive safety. I can tell you our dives if you want but don't want to post spoilers. Let me know if you'd like to know more.

Non-Diving things to check-out:

Puerto Rico - Follow the coast highway East from San Juan, past Isla Verde and you'll end up in Pinones. If you like cheap beer, seafood, and meat on a stick, this is the place for you. I'd go with a group, in the daylight, but that's just me.

Dominica has lots of rainforest related activities, one of the guys did the Aerial Tram ride and thought it was pretty good. You might want to check out the zip line challenge at the Wacky Rollers park.

Another couple from our group tried the Blue Monkey Bar in Barbados and had a blast. Half of our group needed a day off and spent it at the Malibu Rum Distillery Beach....

It was a good time, hope yours is as good.

Dave

We will be (on).. Carnival Destiny May 11th-18
What a coincidence, so will These People *edit* sorry, I didn't know you needed to sign up to view this page. Anyway, you should sign up because it's free. Then you can meet others who will be on your cruise.

SteveDiver:
. Anyone else going on thie cruise that can offer scuba advise in PR or at one of our ports??
The only port I can offer personal advice on is St. Thomas. I recommend - Admiralty Dive Center They are a small boat operator who will pick you up from the cruise dock.

Check out the Scuba/snorkeling section on Cruise Critic. You are likely to find out more information there as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom