cruise ship on webcam right now 5/20/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No passengers, and, at least in theory, minimal crew (that's a whole other thread). So not as bad as it might be.

For some reason I'm thinking of Jack Nicholson and his family, hanging out at the huge empty ski lodge in the mountains in "The Shining", with the whole place to themselves, wandering the empty halls, till things start to get......weird. :eek:

For some reason I'm thinking of Jack Nicholson and his family, hanging out at the huge empty ski lodge in the mountains in "The Shining", with the whole place to themselves, wandering the empty halls, till things start to get......weird. :eek:
I'm not certain it qualifies, but I've seen at least one picture to suggest that crew has been allowed to spread out into the passenger balcony rooms. That makes some sense - no need and no desire to have four to a cabin with a pandemic lurking.

I have been to that hotel - The Stanley in Estes Park, Colorado. It's an interesting place but the drinks at their bar were way too expensive. The room prices were far above our budget, too.; we were in a rented Ford, not a Tesla. :D

From what I've been reading, even though it's nice that they've been moved into outside cabins, they still have to social distance from one another (which makes no sense to me if the boat has been isolated and healthy long enough). Be that as it may, it's not fun anymore, they aren't being paid anymore or minimally and they just want to get off. Some are saying that their cruise working days ate over. Not because of the downturn in the business but because they themselves choose not to go back. They've had enough ship time for a lifetime.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom