Cruise stopover in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. What's an easy/inexpensive way of getting from the port (main international port, I think) to Playa Palancar for the group of 7 of us?

Assuming your kids are old enough to get around on their own… Have your dive op pick you up at Casa del Mar pier. Send them on a cab to Palancar Beach park. Have the kids meet you back at the cruise ship pier at a certain time to board.

2. Any recommendation for dive shop? We are experienced divers and are not looking to be catered to with kids gloves. Price is a big consideration.

Only 2 divers, I would go with dive with martin.

3. Do you suggest getting a dive outfit in town/port or find one when we get to Playa Palancar?

No, don’t do that.

4. What does a 2 tank trip go for at Palancar Reef?

60-100 depends on who you use

5. One specimen I really want to see but haven't seen is the toad fish. What are the chances of seenig one at Palancar Reef?

Very common, tell the DM what you want him to find for you. My DM takes a fishing lure (without a hook) and coaxes the toadfish to bite it.

If you have 7 divers there will not be other divers with most quality dive ops. A late pick up would be no problem for Aldora as we have 9 boats total and always some in reserve. We also do our surface intervals at Playa Palancar.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
That's what I mis read. He doesn't have 7 divers. He has a group of 7 that he needs to get to Playa Palacar - only 2 of which dive. At least, that's the way I read it now.

Cheers - M²

Back
Top Bottom