Cruising on Seranade of the Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Minnow

Registered
Reaction score
Hi!
Just got back from a 7 day RCL cruise of the Southern Caribbean. We left from Puerto Rico and went to:

St. Thomas - dove with Blue Island divers. They are a very good outfit. The boat was in good shape, the crew was nice and helpful. There were 5 divers to 1 dive master. We dove a wreck (Kennedy) and a reef. We saw many sting rays on the reef and a turtle. I always get a thrill seeing a turtle. The water was a bit turbulent so the visibility was not the best.

St. Maarten - Just hung out and took public transportation around the island

Antigua - went on EcoTour by Eli. It is suppose to be the best on the island. We saw some of the ecology but not as much as I would have liked. It sounded better on paper than it actually was.

St. Lucia - dove with Dive Fair Helen. The boat was a good size. The crew was not very helpful. There were 10 divers to 1 divemaster. Due to the size, the divemaster was just trying to get through the dive and did not point anything out. The reefs in St. Lucia were beautiful. If I returned to St. Lucia, I would try another diving outfit.

Barbados - dove with Dive Barbados, John Moore. The boat was a little older and smaller but in good working order. I can't say enough about John Moore. What a great dive master. There were 4 divers and he made sure that we saw the sights! We saw our first sea horse, two turtles, a puffer fish, a spotted eel, and tons and tons of fish. What really made the dive was the dive master. Although I was on a cruise and he knew we would only be diving 1 day with him, he took the time to teach me a few things I had forgotten since being certified. Also, he made a suggestion about the weight that I was carrying. He was patient and very attentive. I would dive again with him in a heart beat!

I booked the dives myself. I noticed that dives charted with the ship contained many, many more divers ......

Happy cruising and diving -

Minnow

Back
Top Bottom