Itinerary help - Where to dive versus snorkel Cruise - Guadeloupe, Antigua and Key West

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AuroraB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm going to be on a 10 night cruise one way from Miami to Barbados on Explora I. My mom and daughter love to snorkel, myself, my husband and my son (11 year old Jr OW so there are some limitations would like to dive, and I need to find a balance. Here are the locations we are debating options in:

Key West
Guadalope
Antigua
St Kitts (thinking of just doing somthing land based there).

Where would you dive versus go with the snorkelers? I need to hang out with my daugher on at least one of the stops. ha

St. Kitts: I've been there on a cruise ship stop and the diving was very good. Pro Divers was a good operation. Best place to dive of these four.
Antigua: Logistically hard to get to the dive shops from the cruise ship, and I've heard the diving is not worth the effort. Expensive cab rides. The shops do not pick up at the cruise ship.
Key West: Good for beginners, but corals are in bad shape. Rainbow Reef is the operator I used, but it's been a few years ago before the corals died.
Guadelope: Never been there.
You didn't ask about Barbados. Are you diving there? I really liked diving there on a cruise stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom